The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Color Coded ECU Pinout

Muskrat

I thought you guys might like this:

I found a color coded pinout for a 1993 Eclipse. While going through my harness I noticed some differences, so I adapted one for the Galant.

This assumes the information for the 1g pinout on VFAQ is correct for the Galant.

The wires marked with a red 'X' were not present on my harness.

Original, 1993 Eclipse Turbo AWD

Modified, 1991 Galant VR-4

Enjoy!

Last edited:

The two wires marked out with the X are for cars with California emissions. In 1994 (or 93 according to the original diagram) they were added to cars with federal emissions.

stevep

My 91 GSX has the wires in the harness, they just don't connect to anything in the engine bay. I'm under the impression that was the rule rather than the exception with DSM's.

Muskrat

This is accurate to what my harness looks like. I left them on there just in case someone's car does have them, however I'm not sure if the colors are correct.

jepherz

Staff member
FYI, there was also a guy on 4g61t.org a while back that was selling stickers with basically the same color coded output on them. They were cut to fit on the ECU case so you can avoid misplacing them.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Evotistical is his screenname and it was a very nice product. If more pinouts are needed, you can find alot of what I've archived here but it includes alot of EVO stuff too.
click

Edit: Fixed link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings