GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » Bushing Removal
Previous thread Next thread

Bushing Removal

353GVR4
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 703803 posted 10/02/08 12:43 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Anyone replacing old motor mount bushings and/or the rear subframe bushings but do not have a torch or a press, try using windshield cut out wire(piano wire) to remove the rubber from the metal. It took me about four minutes per side for the rear mustache brace. Drill a hole through the rubber(about 3/16" to 1/4"),slide the wire through, attach vise-grips to either side as handles and start sawing. I cut out the center sleeve first then around the outside sleeve, finished up with the die grinder, with a 1" sanding drum and some 80 grit.

Edited by 353GVR4 (10/10/08 10:53 PM)

| | | IP: (76.213.149.238) | Report this post to a Moderator

decathect
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 740888 posted 01/02/09 12:26 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I find another, potentially even easier way, is to use a hole-saw bit. Then you're through in about a minute with minimal effort

| | | IP: (74.202.102.226) | Report this post to a Moderator

Garfield Wright
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 740987 posted 01/02/09 05:02 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
The hole saw seems to be the most effective method so far. This is from feedack from other's that have replaced the subframe & mustache bushings.

| | | IP: (70.147.10.249) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4125

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.125 seconds in which 0.105 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page