The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Alternator Bolt Set

holeshotmoe

I need the mounting bolts/washers/nuts (pivot, tensioner, etc). I can get all except the tensioner nut (MD133152) from a local jobber. Havent tried a dealer yet...figured I'd help some of you folks clean house. I know someone has these spares in a box left over from a jdm or other motor swap. Why do I need them? Well my alternator just blew on my newly purchased vr4. There was only one bolt, yeah ONE, the one that locks it to the bracket. The tensioner and the long pivot bolt/nut sets were missing. Give the darwin award to the idiot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif who installed it like that. zip is 20653.

steve

moe I believe I have the adjustment arm/bracket whatever, you can have it I'll just have to check my glove box

holeshotmoe

That would be great. I have the bracket but I need the adjuster bolt/nut that slides on the bracket that you tighten to draw the belt taut.

steve

Ah, sorry, I used those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Its just the bracket that I re-used the old one.

holeshotmoe

Aw, come on Steve! You don't need those. Just send em to me okay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the offer though. I'm looking now to see if I can get a match on the p/n at some of the online mitsu parts lookup sites.....so far no joy. Just high end items. Anyone else got this laying around?

Hertz

Staff member
I need that pivot stuff too... got part numbers? I have a slight smaller diameter SAE bolt in there now and it has a little too much play in it.

steve

Not sure why there are 2 different #s listed for that one bolt. I'm not familiar enough with CAPS yet.

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

holeshotmoe

The 8x116 is for a 91gvr4 (and 90ggsx), the 8x118 is for a 92gvr4. Don't know why, 2mm is about 0.078 inches, maybe 1 thread. BTW, I emailed Tallahassee (FL) Mitsu for a price on the nut for the tensioner setup (MD133152): $2.41 but special order. Guess I'm gonna get the other stuff from the hardware store and order this weird shaped tensioner nut from mitsu on Monday. If anyone knows a dealer with it in stock let me know cause there's no telling how long "special order" will take.
Edit: Steve, how'd you get CAPS to put the p/n's in the pics. Mine shows the Part Name Code (PNC) instead. Its ver 3.41. Old?

Last edited:

steve

I had to manually put those PN's in. IMO its the way it should work in the first place, but I guess it was easier to not have to worry about getting the superseded #s to dynamically pull into the picture.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts