The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Injector Isolators and O-Rings

steve

Quote:
I wouldn't trust a non OEM part for something that crucial to my car not burning up. They are really cheap and I would suggest getting all three of the parts on each injector:

Top of fuel rail side, o-ring: MD614813 (this seals fuel from leaking between the rail/injector)
Bottom of fuel rail side, "injector sheet": MD614805
Bottom of injector/intake isolator: MD087060 (this seals the injector to the head preventing boost leaks)
Fuel rail mounting isolators: MD095402 (x3)

Note: The O-ring part number has changed to 1465A188.
img.php

The o-rings (MD614813) and injector isolators (MD087060) should be replaced as a regular maintenance item, or especially if upgrading injectors and you're going to have them out anyways. The original ones are probably very hard, brittle, and dried up, leading to either a fuel leak or a vac/pressure leak. Use some dielectric grease when assembling and inserting into the head/rail to avoid tears.

old injector isolator:

new injector isolator:

Thanks to all the members who have contributed to this including keydiver, atc250r, and me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

beavis

its good that this has been mentioned. on my vr4 mine developed a boost leak on one of the injectors because the seal on the intake was so old and brittle. its amazing how well the car ran and behaved after doing the procedure above. even when we replace the injectors on the evo we require the owners to replace all the o rings.

deez

The O-ring part number has changed to 1465A188.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts