The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NGK BPR7ES vs BPR7ES-11 Spark Plugs

steve

Quote:
I had originally emailed this question to NGK, but I started this thread since I did not expect to hear back from NGK in a reasonable time and needed to get some plugs as soon as possible and knew you all would come through. Well I just now got the following response from NGK technical support:

"They are the same spark plug design. However the BPR7ES-11 has a different ground electrode designed to handle wide gaps and the BPR7ES has a ground electrode designed to handle small gaps. The max you can open or close spark plug gap is .008". For example if your vehicle requires a .050" gap you need to use the BPR7ES-11. If your vehicle requires a gap of .025" you will need to use the BPR7ES."

So now we know. They are the same, but different.

Mike R.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts