The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor and harness source

Guys, I've been shopping for a good price for the GM 3 BAR MAP sensor for a while, and I think I found a reasonable source. Most guys that have it don't have the harness, or expect you to go to Pep Boys, buy a similar harness, and modify it. But this GM dealer in Akron, Ohio had the sensor and harness for ~$81, with 1-1.5' of wires to splice unto:
His name is Dallas (Dal) Slabaugh, 800-362-9494.
sensor part # 12223861
harness part # 15305891
Just FYI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Someone move this to the How To and Info Archive forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
why wouldn't you just get it from RRE for 60?

Well, if I could have found it on their site, I might have. Do you have a link? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
It was $60.44 from Dal. But, as I said, most places that carry the sensor don't have the right plug. I preferred to get both a sensor and the proper plug from one source.

PJGross

Didn't know about Buschur's pricing, but Dal is a great guy. He has been "the man" for all GM parts for a long time in the Impala community as well as f-bodys, t-buicks, etc. Great guy to do business with.

-Paul G.

Quote:
what make model and year of gm are these found on?

The 3 BAR MAP sensor is found on turbo Trans Ams of the late 80's. I'd go straight to GM for the part rather than trying to source it out at a parts store.

Okay, a little more research shows that is a great price. Most of the "Trademotion" resellers get about $80 for the sensor, and $27 for the harness.

It appears the sensor is used on most turbo'd GM's including Diesel's and the 89' TA. Those particular part no.'s are GMC.

raptorWagon

To go with this, you could instead of splicing one get a complete harness that connects both the 3 bar GM MAP sensor and the IAT sensor to the stock maf connector.
link
It's $40 bucks and can make life much easier for those looking into a speed density conversion. Just an idea I figured I could add to this topic, it's worked out great for me.
050sd1g.jpg

^ how would that plug affect if your running an aem ems? because we hard wired the plug wiring into the ecu, so with this i wouldnt need to? is that correct?

raptorWagon

Honestly not I'm sure, as I'm running DS-MAP for map based tuning instead of the AEM EMS unit. I believe it would work just the same. I mean you can try it and see just how well it works with your setup, but as you already got it set and it works fine why change it, you know.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting 9t1tsi:
^ how would that plug affect if your running an aem ems? because we hard wired the plug wiring into the ecu, so with this i wouldnt need to? is that correct?

All this changes is you'll be using the factory wiring for the MAP and temp sensors, rather than running new wires to your AEM.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings