GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » TCE Brake Kits are 'up'
Previous thread Next thread

TCE Brake Kits are 'up'

Todd TCE
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 13751 posted 05/20/03 08:05 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
For the record, Chicago Bob has helped out a lot in getting the fit down for the Galant kits and his custom RR kit is on the way to him soon (waiting for pads).

The Street kits are ready to be assembled per order and more of the Road Race kits are in the works with some custom hats that are slightly different than the ones used for Bob.

Never the less, if you have been thinking about all of this over the past couple of months it's time to think harder. This won't be a 'limited run' thing, but Summer is coming and now's the time to get those upgrades under way.

To help get the ball rolling, from now until June 15th any Galant kit ordered will get FREE ground shipping in the USA. Sorry you Canadian guys....post office is a pain- I'll try to work with you however.

By months end there will be some minor price adjustments on the web site on all the DSM kits again as the hats have added to the price and complication of the kits. Act now and what you see is the price you pay.

| | | IP: (68.2.64.250) | Report this post to a Moderator

DeanCouchey
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 13752 posted 05/20/03 09:09 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Hey todd, can you say whats on the street kit, does it have new calipers, pads, rotors etc?? And what is the basic price?

| | | IP: (24.195.241.123) | Report this post to a Moderator

Todd TCE
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 13753 posted 05/20/03 09:25 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Try this: http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/brakeMIT.html

1667 VR4
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 13754 posted 05/20/03 11:35 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
will you need to swap to 5-lug and bigger wheels for these brakes?

| | | IP: (4.47.96.244) | Report this post to a Moderator

Todd TCE
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 13755 posted 05/21/03 08:40 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
No on the studs.

Wheel fit remains to be seen completely. Wheels with ample caliper clearance will be the norm. Flat faced wheels or multi piece ones are out. Many, many of the aftermarket wheels with the narrow spokes and curved shapes will be required.

Based on the Eclipse kit, there are ample ones out there that seem to fit just fine. 16s min, and larger are better as the curve of the spoke will aide in clearance to the caliper.

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3408

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.036 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page