The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How To Degree Cams

this is how I degree cams--
step one-make a set of solid lifters as I described earlier then locate Top Dead Center-You can use the mark on the crank pully, just line it up with the corsponding mark on the timing indicator. attact a Degree wheel, I modified a wheel to be used on 4G63/64 motorsby drilling a few extra holes. You will need to make a pointer so you know where you are at in degrees of crank rotation

You will need to make a steel cross bar for the dial indicator to rest on. you will be setting the exhaust first. You must have the cam specs in hand to do this but that is a given. set the dial indacator on the valve retainer so it does not interfear with the cam rotation. you want to zero in the indicator at this point as well. rotate the crank till the pointer on the degree wheel is at the point of the exhaust valve opening. If your cam is correct you will see .005 of lift at the valve if you have more or less lift adjust your cams till you see the .005 of lift at the valve. now the you will tighten up your cam gears and do the same to the intake side.

I hope this helps some of you out as far as getting the most from you cams. Good Luck
grin.gif

just as a side note you can do this with out having to remove the pulleys or anything major. I do this when ever I do my head gasket or timing belt.

(hey I don`t wanna here any flak about how dirty the GVR4 is cause I just got done with a Rally when I did this)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings