The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

whiteline 22mm front swaybar

ken inn

today i removed the whiteline front swaybar, and installed a new factory bar, new bushings and end links. the whiteline bar is just not right. i have fought this bar for at least 2 years, regreased it several times, replaced the bushings, and it just never seemed to fit. to install it, the 2 of us struggled for about 5 hours. it was like we could get one side on, but not the other. we greased, and cussed, and switched from one side to the other, but it just would not go, something just wasnt right. the factory bar went on like buttah. one man job, easy squeezy. i remember having to jack up each control arm to get the end links to bolt up, and it was a bitch. with the factory bar, they bolted right up, which tells me the whiteline bar just aint bent right. did it make a difference? hell if i care.

Romanova

That is interesting considering I have the same bar sitting in my room waiting to be installed...

I am running their 22mm ft ad their 24mm (rare and now discontinued) rear bar. The ft was tricky to get in, it only goes in one way. Once in though it has been great. I have not greased/touched it in 2 years except for adding new end links to it recently. If you can put the bar in while doing the tranny (I did this on a friend’s car) it goes in VERY EASY while the car is on the lift. If you are in the driveway on a jack stand with the tranny in.......it can be done but it is a bit of a struggle. Basically if you have a new clutch install in the near future do it then. If not pay CLOSE attention to how you wiggle the stock bar out as the Whiteline will have to go in the same way.

I love mine though. Sorry to hear you are unhappy Kenn.

ken inn

quote:Originally posted by Romanova:
That is interesting considering I have the same bar sitting in my room waiting to be installed... well, to help you out, here is what i did.
left the downpipe and the transfer case on, dropped both control arms, leaving them connected at the ball joints. dropped both supports running front to back under the engine. dropped the triangular piece under the trans. air tools make this really fast. whiteline bar came out, it was tight. stock bar went in, really easy. bolted the bar to the frame, this is where the whiteline dont like to go. the ends of the whiteline hit the front axles, and the bar dont want to bend downward, the stock bar does, easily. if the whiteline would rotate downward like the stock bar, it would be a piece of cake. if and when you get the whiteline bolted to the frame, and all the other stuff bolted back up, connecting the end links is a bitch. the stock bar just easily rotates downward, the whiteline will not. you have to jack up each control arm, and cuss it, and it will barely go. i had to jack each corner so much, the car was beginning to come up off the lift. also, centering stock bar is easy, because it is marked. centering the whiteline is pure guesswork, and if it aint centered, you gotta take it all apart, and start all over. with the stock bar, i just loosened the brackets, and pushed and rotated it at the same time, and the bar moved over. rob said he put the front bar on with jackstands in his garage. i think it is impossible without a lift.

turboflanagan

Mine went in like buttah. No problems whatsoever, except that I almost forgot to put it back in when I finished putting the new bushings on the lower control arms.

My biggest problem with the front was keeping it from falling out again before I had it connected to both control arms.

One thing I did in addition to what Ken did was to remove the bolts holding the steering rack to the subframe. That was too easy not to do it and I'm sure saved A LOT of frustration.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts