GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » Keyless Entry
Previous thread Next thread

Keyless Entry

transparentdsm
I have to say something dumb Member
138/2000

152/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1091317 posted 10/26/12 07:48 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
PART / COLOR / LOCATION

12 VOLT CONSTANT / WHITE (+) / IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

STARTER / BLACK/YELLOW (+) / IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 1 / BLACK/WHITE (+) / IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 / BLUE/BLACK (+) / IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) / GREEN/WHITE (+) / IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL

POWER LOCK / BROWN/WHITE (TYPE B) / @ RELAY BLOCK, ABOVE FUSEBOX

POWER UNLOCK / BROWN/BLUE (TYPE B) / @ RELAY BLOCK, ABOVE FUSEBOX

DOOR TRIGGER/ RED/GREEN (-) / IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL

HORN / GREEN/BLACK (-) / @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

TACH / YELLOW/BLACK / @ IGNITION COIL

BRAKE / GREEN (+) / @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

ALL OTHER LEFT OVER WIRES SHOULD BE INDIVIDUALLY TAPED OFF AND ZIP TIED OUT OF THE WAY.

I have found the wiring diagram for it and broke it down to this. I will now be ordering a keyless entry system, It's a Audiovox AA925 3-button Remote Keyless Entry System. It's extremely inexpensive and looks small enough to fit inside of the Evo flip keys i am making. I will post pictures of the product and installation as i move along.

138/2000
152/1000

Edited by transparentdsm (10/27/12 03:05 PM)

Posts: 3671 | From: Klamath Falls, Or | Member Since: 07/27/11 | IP: (70.44.237.230) | Report this post to a Moderator

transparentdsm
I have to say something dumb Member
138/2000

152/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1122489 posted 05/09/13 09:20 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
so i got around to installing the unit, everything is pretty easy to install except finding the relay to tap the lock unlock button into, so here are pictures of the relay and where the wires are. took me maybe 40 minutes to install the whole thing. thats counting pulling the car apart and putting it back together.

this is the relay, remove the two screws and flip that whole block over.

these are the wires, this is the lock, the unlock is in the back on the oposite side, i couldn't take a picutre that was good enough.

138/2000
152/1000

Edited by transparentdsm (05/09/13 05:26 PM)

Posts: 3671 | From: Klamath Falls, Or | Member Since: 07/27/11 | IP: (70.44.0.205) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
1 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6168

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page