The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ignition switch lock illumination

misterfixit

Hi All,

Have put a illumination timer on the lock cylinder on my galant. I first took the components off and evo2 and used it on the Lancer I've been building. Then when I was home I added it to my Galant. I just recieved a PM a few days ago wondering how it was done so here it is:

You will need the key surround (any will do off a Toyota, nissan or mitsubishi) Mine was from a Pajero. There is no type of the generation of the galant that had the illumination ring fitted. I had to do some trimming to get it to fit the barrel snugly.

You will also need this:
600x450-2012031400035.jpg

The wiring is a simple circuit. I have cobbled together this diagram, It shows the colours oin the pajero near the unit and the galant colours near the harness. It is up to you how you connect it in, but the basics are here:

Connector numbers are per the general export manual.

Enjoy!

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings