The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo 8 Shifter Console and Boot Molded to Galant Console

QnzMostWanted

mind you this is a long process, it takes more prep work than anything else

if u can get another shifter console to work with its up to you, I only needed the original

start with the shifter trim off of an Evo 8 or 9, Not the MR, the setup is different

IMAG0020-1.jpg

I started with just a small mockup of the shifter, I trimed the curved edge where the shifter console curved to the boot to fit and cut the shifter trim from the evo bigger than the console and sat it underneath using the OEM square trim piece to hold it in place

IMG_20120411_161928.jpg

once I determined exactly where the shifter is going to lie I trimmed it to a more defined fitment and from the bottom i sanded and scraped the edge and using fiberglass and bondo I formed the joint on the bottom (if u do not sand and scrape the underneath the bondo and fiberglass will have nothing to hold onto, thus making ur shifter useless (sorry no pics)

top after the bondo was hardened
IMG_20120423_173433.jpg

I then filled the top with bondo, forming a uniformed top, sanded, til it was smooth, tested for strength by pressing on the edges to see if it held. sanded until it was perfectly smooth and i could not see the joint lines between the 2 plastics, then used sandable filler primer and sanded yet again

IMG_20120425_132032.jpg

painted the trim with Trim paint...u can use any color, just use a nice satin color
it would look glossy til it dries
IMG_20120426_094613.jpg

finished product using EVO 8 shifter boot and trim ring
IMAG0018-1.jpg

sorry I dont have pics of the underside, but its pretty much just molding the pieces together

GL and when your done, grab an EVO 8 Steering wheel and it would help it flow much better

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings