The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JMFab 1G battery tray in GVR4

belize1334

Basically, you can use the 1G battery tray for PC925 batteries but it takes a minor adjustment. As with the DSM, you'll have to ditch your charcoal canister for this.

The firewall bolt pattern is perfect and fitment with the subframe is also fine. The problem is that there's no fender side threaded hole for the second attachment point. I first tried to fix this by installing a t-nut in the fender well but I quickly discovered a slew of support baffles in there and bailed on the attempt.

The solution is to make a small strap to run up to the threaded hole on the strut tower. Just be sure to counter-sink the holes in the strap so that it sits flush against the fender well.

Alternatively, and I'm only thinking of this as I type, you could make a brace that goes between the subframe and the frame-rail and wraps up and around to give you the needed attachment point. If I ever take the subframe out again (I don't know why) I'll give that go. But for now I think this solution is fine. The battery is held firmly in place and it's far cleaner than a trunk installation, IMHO.

You'll also want to take a file to the tray 'cause it comes pretty rough from JMF. It's pretty simple and when it's all said and done you get a battery location that looks like this.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings