The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 90 GSX turbo - part out or sale

chrisfullwood

I have a 1990 GSX that i converted after a guy in california screwed it totally up. Im tired of messing with it, Once again i ran into an issue with the previous owner being a retard, putting 1989 parts on a 1990.

The engine is a 4G3T supposedly from a 91 turbo, it is a 6bolt, i had it bored out .040, BS removed, it runs fine. I think it still has a boost leak, but i dont have an air compressor so i have no idea where it is. Ive driven it on and off for a few years, put less than 20k in 4 - 5 years.

I have pictures up in Cardomain website - 1990 Galant GSX turbo
But i can email more if need be. I did just put 3G lifters in the car, and re-did the wiring harness to fix some of the screw ups.

as of right now, i cannot drive it because i need a new rear brake caliper for it, the other one seized up. So would someone be interested in buying it, or buying parts on it.
I would like to get close to $3k out of it to fund the repairs of another.
a breakdown of what ive spent
550 - ECU alone
900 on the motor work
400 on cylinder head work
500 approx on the turbo
250 on the SAFC 2
480 on the new steering rack
100 on new brake discs for front
then all the other bits n pieces ive put into it, are probably over a 1k

Ive put a new EPROM ECU in it, with the keydiver Stage 3 chip (i do have the original Chip too) (this alone was $550)
550CC injectors (RC engineering)
Big 16G turbo.
Big FMIC
head is ported / polished the head was re-done about 5k ago.
I have an SAFC2 on it, that isn't really used accept for watching numbers, due to the ECU
2G MAS.
Big bore throttle body
ACT 2600lb clutch.
New steering rack
New Axles
New Front Discs
New radiator
New upper / lower radiator hoses
ARP head studs
2.5" exhaust, from cat back with turbo muffler.
aeromotive FPR

I've replaced a ton of things, i want to just be done with it, so if you need something let me know, ill make a list because i want to get rid of as much of the car as possible in one go. Big parts that are expensive to ship, will have to be pickup only.
The transmission is ok, it could probably use a freshening up. But it shifts fine, and doesn't pop out of gears. it whines a little in 2nd and 4th. It is a non turbo transmission sadly.

Easiest way to get a hold of me is email: [email protected].

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts