The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: VR4 front bumper lip **** $210 Ship ****

boostx

Last edited:

dustyduff

The lip was designed to work with USDM and JDM bumpers. The link at the top of the thread shows the lip on cars with both bumper types.

boostx

Waiting for confirmation on price.

jcgalntvr4-244

Will this work on the AMG Bumper? if so Ill take one.

Cheers,
JC

BrandonEchols

Quoting Boostx:
Waiting for confirmation on price.

+1

Jordangvr4

Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:

Cheers,
JC

No, will not work on the AMG

raptorWagon

Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:

Cheers,
JC

I'll trade you bumpers so you can use the lip... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

just kidding.

boostx

The price is going to be $235. This is a bit cheaper that the original set because of different materials being used.

boostx

I have two left..

GSX_TC

Why is it 2 piece? And why doesnt it line up? What are u supposed to do? Glue them together or what?

Brunoboy

It's two pieces for cutting shipping cost and each side is a bit longer due to some sagging bumpers, and it's common sense, double sided tape, maybe a screw on the rear, make it work.

curtis

They could be screwed together or just bonded with epoxy. As was said cheaper on boxes/packing materials and also shipping. Also when John called me about this project and he said the original was cut I was kind of glad. The USDM and JDM bumpers aren't the same physical size and this lets the USDM bumpers use the JDM lip as well as the extra takes up for sagging etc.

Also if you look close you'll see that one side is stepped back behind the other for thsi reason. When I install mine I plan on cutting out an aluminum doubler from 1/8 inch to place above the urethane of the JDM bumper with rivnuts installed so I can drill through the lip, bumper then aluminum and when there drilled install the rivnuts and then use machine screws to secure this extra tight before paint. Having a piece of aluminum will also assure a flat level foundation for everything. For those of you thats never heard of a rivnut run by harbor freight.

click me

they also have 100 pack of replacements for 10 bucks each.

How they work the aluminum rivnut or nutsert is screwed on to the puller. You stick this in the correct size drilled hole and then squeeze like a rivet but it doesn't pop off. You then unthread the puller and you have a perfectly threaded hole in a piece of thin aluminum. There's thousands of these on every aircraft in the air right now. The first set of aviation ones I got were hundreds I almost had a heart attack when I saw these at harbor freight and bought every package they had. Sorry these are all standard threaded ones no metric. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

I think the lip looks awesome, just seems like alot of stuff to do just to get it on there.

Tre3zy

Quoting brunoboy:
It's two pieces for cutting shipping cost and each side is a bit longer due to some sagging bumpers, and it's common sense, double sided tape, maybe a screw on the rear, make it work.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif double sided tape? are you kidding me?

boostx

On each side of the bumper right in front of the wheel there is two holes that a metal bracket is use as part of the bumper support. Those two holes can be used to bolt up the lip. Two additional hole will be needed one near the center. (See the pic with the red arrows)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts