The Authoritative Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

LinkECU Users?

GoCleanUrRoom

I havent seen anyone using / recommending Linkecu for the Vr4, anyone have good experiences with it? I saw Speed Academy used it for their EVO VI build on youtube and was curious because it seems beginner friendly(ish?) as far as DIY tuning goes. Let me know!

Stevenoly

Interested in this as well as I’m looking for a solution for me as I have an ‘88 which I believe means I have a dual board ecu and ECMTuning isn’t an easy solution.

MX4

Yes I use one though I didn't tune it myself. I had a local company complete that for me on the dyno.

I've had a good experience with the Link. Cold start is perfect, idle is great, all-round driveability is great too. Let me know any specific questions and I'll do my best to help.

MX4

Interested in this as well as I’m looking for a solution for me as I have an ‘88 which I believe means I have a dual board ecu and ECMTuning isn’t an easy solution.
I have a MD165808 ECU if you are interested. Its the facelift single board EPROM ECU from the Evolution/Evo 0 VR4. It is chippable obviously and I believe can work with the ECMLink system (though best to verify that).

Stevenoly

Are you using the plug and play VR4 specific link ECU I see around posted for about a grand? I appreciate the offer of the other ecu, but if I go down the road it may be similar money to get the stand alone setup And of the functionality is better. I’m completely stock at the moment, but trying to think long term with the car. I would probably have to have a shop set up the ecu either way, unless you say it’s super easy.