GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » JDM single bulb corner lights
Previous thread Next thread

JDM single bulb corner lights

caf620

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1051219 posted 02/11/12 12:09 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Hi to all,

I have the US corner lights(flat corners with 2 small bulbs) currently installed on my car and i would like to install the JDM corners(one big single bulb). Do you have any instructions or advice on how to do this?

The US corner lights has 2 small bulbs having 4 wires in all. The JDM corners only has 2 wires. The bulbs for the US corners functions as a park light(1st bulb) and turn light(2nd bulb)While the JDM corner(having only one big bulb) functions as both park light and turn light.

Tried a DIY installation and the JDM bulb exploded.. lol

Pls help

I <3 my 6g Galant

Posts: 20 | | Member Since: 11/03/11 | IP: (112.210.199.35) | Report this post to a Moderator

turbowop
Hard Snarker
1051/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1051229 posted 02/11/12 02:18 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
The US corners are not 4-wire, nor are they used as blinkers. All four little bulbs come on as marker lights when the headlights are turned on and that's all they do. They are wired by two wires and the secondary bulbs are wired by a copper ribbon strip on the housings.

The 1-bulb corners aren't used for continuous use either. They are only used as blinkers on JDM cars. If wired to stay on continuous, they will melt the inside of the housing.

All that said, I use my 1-bulb corners as blinkers and markers. I retro-fitted in some dual filament bulb sockets and wired them up accordingly. I did this because I lost my blinkers when I went to a JDM bumper with projector fog lights. If you search my username, you should be able to find the thread I made explaining all of this.

-Mark

A face only a grocery shopper could love.

Posts: 11414 | From: Yakima, WA | Member Since: 04/29/01 | IP: (68.113.18.143) | Report this post to a Moderator

caf620

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1052513 posted 02/19/12 10:03 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
hi

tried to search but cannot find your thread. can u teach me and list the steps that you did to install the jdm single bulb corners?

I <3 my 6g Galant

Posts: 20 | | Member Since: 11/03/11 | IP: (112.210.150.203) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1112

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events | One Lap of America
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.283 seconds in which 0.269 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page