GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » Whiteline Spring specs
Previous thread Next thread

Whiteline Spring specs

Turbo4door1
Paid to pewp

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 137571 posted 09/28/04 05:10 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
This may have been posted before, but I thought it may be interesting to some if it hasn't been. I was going through some paper work I have for my GVR-4 and came across some specs for the Whiteline springs I purchased back in 2001.

Fronts are Whiteline part # 80442
11" length
210 lb/in
.90" drop

Rears are Whiteline part # 80443
12" length
155 lb/in
1.32" drop

Those spring rates are probably a little light for our heavy cars, but don't work too bad with the semi-soft valving of the AGX struts.

Danny

Posts: 1519 | From: Kearneysville, WV | Member Since: 02/20/03 | IP: (63.188.81.16) | Report this post to a Moderator

Qship
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 564750 posted 11/20/07 02:15 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I saw this thread and thought I'd share the specs of the Whitelines I bought back in '02.

Front: PN 70128
length: 12.5"
rate: 165 lb/in
lower: 0.5"

Rear: PN 83147
length: 13.5"
rate: 132 lb/in
lower: 0.7"

I think the springs are firmer than the claimed rates, especially in the rear, although it's still quite comfortable. However, installing the springs actually RAISED the front of the car by 0.5" from where it sat on stock springs. The rear probably dropped about the same, so the car sits totally level with the ground now (no more rake) but there's more front wheel well gap than in the rear.

| | | IP: (24.21.152.15) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4337

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.017 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page