GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » where is the fuel regulater
Previous thread Next thread

where is the fuel regulater

FORMAN
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 833851 posted 09/27/09 12:13 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
can some one please tell me where the fuel regulater is in a 1989 vr4 imported galant

any help many thanks.

| | | IP: (123.3.152.137) | Report this post to a Moderator

TylerAdamson
circles method
934/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 833869 posted 09/27/09 02:28 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Assuming its a 4g63 motor, it should be on the timing belt side of the fuel rail.

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD FP3565 Powered
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 934/1000

Posts: 1028 | From: Iowa City, Iowa | Member Since: 12/26/07 | IP: (75.167.192.220) | Report this post to a Moderator

FORMAN
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 833880 posted 09/27/09 04:03 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
thanks heaps tyler have been trying to nut out no fule going through injectors and my last guess is not enough fule presure replaced fuel pump with one out of a magna.
and have spark and power at injectors and will fire with fuel spray into throttle boddy

will let you know how i go with it

cheers

forman

| | | IP: (121.44.222.34) | Report this post to a Moderator

FORMAN
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 833881 posted 09/27/09 04:04 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
yes it is a 4g63 engine

galantgti
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 833885 posted 09/27/09 04:37 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quoting FORMAN:

thanks heaps tyler have been trying to nut out no fule going through injectors and my last guess is not enough fule presure replaced fuel pump with one out of a magna.
and have spark and power at injectors and will fire with fuel spray into throttle boddy

will let you know how i go with it

cheers

forman

Try to use "normal" English. Most people don't like having to decypher your message and won't read/reply to it.

Anyway, your Fuel Pressure regulator is on the timing belt side of your fuel rail. Pretty easy to spot.

| | | IP: (84.84.197.110) | Report this post to a Moderator

FORMAN
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 834099 posted 09/28/09 04:26 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Ok firstly

Mr galantgti sorry for missing punctuation in my very first hasty post

Secondly

Thanks heaps TylerAdamson the car is now running great

Thirdly

I tried to explain that every thing was working correctly. Like fuel up to the injection fuel rail. The motor would start if an injector cleaner was sprayed into the throttle body. I thought that not enough fuel pressure was there to spray though the injectors. I was also informed that the injectors were working on my friend’s car; to witch this post was for.

I tested the injectors and fuel reg today and found that the injectors were in fact not firing at all. I then pulled out the ECU and found that a chip in the ECU had in fact exploded. I fitted a replacement ECU and now he is happy as pig in shit.

Again thanks heaps to TylerAdamson for taking the time read my post and help me out.

I would also like to thank every one else on the forum and the creator of this site as we can now have fun with our galant VR4 Jap imports.

Regards

Forman

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
2 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 705

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.045 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page