The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Please help for sale listings

JoeDaddy0

Hi, My car was recently hit and my insurance co State Farm is .under appraising the value.

I need for sale postings of cars like mine for my insurance company underestimating the value of my car

car was hit and the car has much more than a new Jackson Auto ported, polished, oversize valves, and forged piston 2.3 stroker with 12mm lift GSC cam and titanium high lift or dual springs. It also has brand new John Shepherd stage 4 race tranny and ACT 2900 metallic clutch and 10 lb flywheel. LSD, ETS purple 3.5" intercooler with 2.5" stainless steel piping and Tial BOV. Koyo 3.5" aluminum race radiator plus oil cooler and 1800 cfm pull fan and 1400 cfm push fan. New oil pan, DSM mapping & new 1200 cfm fuel injectors. 3" stainless exhaust. Braum driver and passenger race seats with Schrodt 4 point harness seat belts. HKS strut tower brace and HKS turbo timer with voltage meter and Zeitronix wide band gauges and sensors for AFR, EGT, Boost, & engine temp. HR springs and Koni adjustable race shocks. Modified hood with Ford Mustang 500 hood vent installed. New Motegi race wheels and new Michelin p4 performance tires and new front windshield and tinted windows. New idle valve and idle motor Master and slave clutch cylinder and rear calipers. It has a perfect sunroof and fully functional heat and air conditioning and everything else (power doors, windows, alarm etc.) works perfectly. Kenwood radio with GPS and cameras were also just installed.

There are no examples of cars like mine for sale at Galantvr4.org because like mine and condition of mine, they are simply not for sale. I chose to restore and modify my sleeper over an Evo.

turbowop

I wanna say that Brett created a thread and was compiling a list of prominent GVR4 sales in it for this exact reason. I dunno where it is, but I feel it should be stickied somewhere...

*edit* Found it: Notable GVR4 sales

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

I compiled that sale thread to help with situations like this, but ultimately what you need is proper insurance...Which is why I compiled this thread: click

A stated value policy is the only way to go if you expect to get what the car is actually worth. If you have a basic bitch insurance policy, the insurance company isn't going to value your car anywhere near it's actual market value, since market value for a clean example drastically exceeds book value in most cases (as the "notable" sale thread will show). Hate to say it, but you're probably at the mercy of your adjuster at this point. Hopefully you can provide enough receipts for work and parts to offset the peanuts book value says the car is worth, because that's what the insurance company will be basing their assessment off of. You can't be pissed at them, since that's just how the system works. They could give a sh*t less about what our tiny little community thinks it's worth, and even trending sale prices based on recent sales probably won't be enough to skew their assessment to far over book value. You're fighting an uphill battle, and if I were a betting man, I'd say you're going to take a loss no matter what. Sadly, you'll likely have to chalk it up as a lesson learned and get proper insurance in the future.

I'd like to also note, aside from simply whoring my car out on the internet, a well documented build thread can't hurt in cases like these.

/ My .02

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting JoeDaddy0:
Hi, My car was recently hit and my insurance co State Farm is .under appraising the value.

I need for sale postings of cars like mine for my insurance company underestimating the value of my car

car was hit and the car has much more than a new Jackson Auto ported, polished, oversize valves, and forged piston 2.3 stroker with 12mm lift GSC cam and titanium high lift or dual springs. It also has brand new John Shepherd stage 4 race tranny and ACT 2900 metallic clutch and 10 lb flywheel. LSD, ETS purple 3.5" intercooler with 2.5" stainless steel piping and Tial BOV. Koyo 3.5" aluminum race radiator plus oil cooler and 1800 cfm pull fan and 1400 cfm push fan. New oil pan, DSM mapping & new 1200 cfm fuel injectors. 3" stainless exhaust. Braum driver and passenger race seats with Schrodt 4 point harness seat belts. HKS strut tower brace and HKS turbo timer with voltage meter and Zeitronix wide band gauges and sensors for AFR, EGT, Boost, & engine temp. HR springs and Koni adjustable race shocks. Modified hood with Ford Mustang 500 hood vent installed. New Motegi race wheels and new Michelin p4 performance tires and new front windshield and tinted windows. New idle valve and idle motor Master and slave clutch cylinder and rear calipers. It has a perfect sunroof and fully functional heat and air conditioning and everything else (power doors, windows, alarm etc.) works perfectly. Kenwood radio with GPS and cameras were also just installed.

There are no examples of cars like mine for sale at Galantvr4.org because like mine and condition of mine, they are simply not for sale. I chose to restore and modify my sleeper over an Evo.

Whatever they give you, will go to buy a new shell. That's about it. Transfer everything else over and get agree upon insurance. Hagerty is probably accepting GVR4's as they accept Mirage turbos, an no less in Canada too.

Receipts, pictures of all the parts installed in situ and see how that compares to cars selling here. Move forward, hold to a fair price and rethink insurance on the second go.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned