The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5-lug swap parts

trexn8

Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I tried searching and googling and never found solid answers.

There is a 91 eclipse gsx at the yard right now with an LSD and all the front and rear hubs, etc. I was wondering what all parts are needed for the swap?

Also is it better to find the parts from a 93+? I think I read that the brakes are bigger or something on the 93+ gsx eclipses.

Thanks.

Romanova

Front hubs, rear hubs, cups, and pumpkin. Any year is cool, just make sure it ain't from an automatic car.

trexn8

Awesome. Thank you. Do the 93's have a big brake kit ?

Terry Posten

Yes, 93 Talons have the exact same brakes as the GVR4 does. In order to get 5 lug hub front rotors and 5 lug hub rotors that fit the GVR4 calipers, get them from a 93 Talon AWD.

trexn8

Ok so it sounds like I should start looking for a 93 manual gsx in the yard, thank you for that confirmation.

Is the LSD worth anything?

Or different from 91-93?

Regards,

Nate

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts