GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Evo III 16g VS TRE port work
Previous thread Next thread

Evo III 16g VS TRE port work

turbophein
Member ++
1079/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 880036 posted 03/07/10 08:37 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Ok so i have been wanting to upgrade my turbo for a while to a Evo III 16g, right now i have a TRE spec s16g. also have the TRE 2g Manifold and 2g o2 housing. i finally found one on the forums and here is the comparison of the 2.

you tell me what flows better... the evo turbo is the cleaner one (non ported)

The only bigger part that i can see on the evo turbo is the exhaust wheel, which is where more top end comes into play with that turbo.

I heard that TRE did some of the best port work but dam! i am lost as what to do with the turbo's now. i wonder if the evo cartridge will fit in the TRE compressor housing?

ok so unfortunately the TRE hotside has cracks around the wg opening which was causing my slow spool up 4200+ RPM, not sure if it can be repaired or if its worth it, but as it sits it should be flowing more than the evo hotside, thats pretty crazy...

E16g, fmic, 1000's, SD, v3, LC2 WB, fp2 cams, ARP's, etc

Edited by turbophein (03/07/10 10:03 PM)

Posts: 681 | From: mass | Member Since: 02/17/09 | IP: (24.63.173.179) | Report this post to a Moderator

belize1334
well bread and nobly conceived
1334/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 880039 posted 03/07/10 08:56 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Housings aside, the ONLY difference between an evoIII-16g and the s-16g is the compressor wheel. The exhaust wheels are both TDo5h. So, upgrading from the s16g to the evoiii should get you a little more air-flow at the 20+psi range but won't make much difference below that where the s16g is more efficient. If it were me I'd just get an evoiii exhaust housing and slap it on there ... that is assuming that the turbo is still in good condition.

Roger B. Scott
'91 Belize Green

Posts: 3312 | From: Dundee, Scotland, UK | Member Since: 11/18/03 | IP: (72.175.127.65) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 862

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.205 seconds in which 0.192 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page