The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Temperature reading problem

turbophein

ok so i still have not sourced my temp problem since owning the car from Feb.

EcmLink reads the water temp, but the factory gauge does not work, nor does my autometer gauge(which use to work before i swapped motors) i can't seem to find the autometer sending unit, so i am assuming the PO wired it to the stock temp sender witch disabled the stock gauge... i can't seem to get the temp to read anymore..

so my question is, which of the sensors on the thermo housing control the stock gauge temp reading? what color are the wires. i am going out now(freezing) to trace down the autometer wires and where they go.

my plan is to get the stock gauge working and buy the right autometer sender and get both working right! i'm sick of having to look at my laptop to see the temp...

turbophein

you the man hertz, thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned