The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front LSD, spider center, rear LSD? Good combo?

alansupra94

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light for me? Do you recommend this setup for a mainly street car with occasion track appearances (more road racing): Front ATB Quaife front differential, Spider Center and 4 Bolt Viscous LSD.

Is the spider center street friendly? Will the ATB Quaife work well with the 4 Bolt Viscous LSD? Is there a better option? Or do you think stock and I will be fine? Right now I would be running an stock front, center and 4 bolt rear end (non-LSD).

Thanks,
Alan

4thStroke

I believe DallasJ had pretty much the same setup on his autocross car.

We'll see if he chimes in, if not, you may want to PM him.

3rdstrikedsm

A cost effective route would be an evo 3 front lsd and pass side axle along with a re worked 4 bolt lsd which can turn in to either a 1.5 way or a 2 way lsd for good tail out rotation which helps tons however these cars just don't handle as good as a stock evo even when modded there is no real comparison but non the less it will be good on a road course but forget about tight auto x events /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned