The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Zeitronix 02 sensor install

chrisfullwood

i just got my new zeitronix zt2 in the mail, and something i didn't think about before i ordered it. without the O2 signal going into the ECU, wont it cause the ECU to freak out, and pull all kinds of timing?

i'm sure a couple of you guys have one, what all did you do to compensate for this.
Thanks
Chris

Brianawd

It will simulate a narrow bad o/2 signal. Read the instructions

vapid

Why don't you just install it downstream from the stock O2, and just use it for monitoring?

chrisfullwood

Well that is a good suggestion, sadly i live in "no-one knows anything about Galants", oklahoma and getting an exhaust shop to weld a bung in for it, is like asking for a whopper at mcdonalds. Also the original O2 plug fell to pieces, and the wires are all tore up, and i suspect backwards. My o2 voltage reads 0.00v on my logger.

KiNgMaRtY

All you need to do is buy a o2 bung from somewhere if one was not provided and point at the welder that you want it there. That it. Should be before the flexpipe and be anywhere pointed in between 10 and 2 o'clock

chrisfullwood

Is there anything wrong with using the Zeitronix O2 sensor as a replacement for the original one, that (im pretty sure) isnt even working?

mitsu90

I am wondering if the OP or anyone else running the zeitronix could assist me with my install, I wired everythihg up but keep getting a check connection error.

This is how I wired it all up.

ZT-2 harness ECU pin

red wire 110

green wire 109

black wire 101

purple wire 4

grey wire 19

Any input would be very welcome

chrisfullwood

you know.. lol i haven't even wired mine up yet, i got the sensor installed, and the wires pulled, but i took one more look at my ECU pins, and was disgusted at the previous owners wiring job... so i took it all apart, and there it sits...lol.

ill try to get some work done on it today, and tell you how i wire it, if it doesn't get too hot today. Or my wife gives me other jobs to do.

chrisfullwood

thank you for posting those by the way, it made my life a lot easier while wiring mine up, i figured i should just go ahead and do it, while i was rebuilding the harness connectors.

mitsu90

Yea it was really easy once I relized what sie of the conector vfaq was showing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts