The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo Brakes on GVR4

maxash0775

I tried searching but could not find anything on the subject. Can you put the evo Brembo calipers on the gvr4, if so what do you need. I want tastefull upgrades and want to keep it all in the family (mitsu family that is).

Thanks

Boostdtalon

There is a thread about Evo brakes already. I'd link it but I'm on my phone. You would have to get brackets for a 1g to mount them. I know there are a couple of threads on tuners and one guy in particular that makes the brackets. I know Garfield was working on something as well. Idk if he got it finished or not.

Last edited:

alansupra94

You just need the brackets, rotors, pads, calipers and wheels that will clear them.

CutlassJim

^ Just like putting any different caliper on any car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

maxash0775

The only question i have remaining is what bracket do you use? Is there a custome one? I can only assume that the Evo bracket wont bolt straight onto the gvr4 and I will assume that the brakes just wont fit on the gvr4, correct? Thanks for the help everyone.

Bracket would be custom. I'm working on getting them made but it's taking me a little longer than I thought. I really just haven't had enough time to dedicate to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I have the calipers, rotors, pads, spindle & materials. The only ingredient that's missing is the time. I will dedicate some time next week.

1990ggsxnj

Because I've experienced braking on a car that had the 92 large calipers without an upgraded master cyl - will your pedal feel be similarly spongy because of the large ratio in cyl size between the stock Vr4 master cyl and Evo calipers? Is the 92+/Stealth Master Cyl recommended with this? Will the evo one work as well?

Dasith

which version of evo brakes are you making brackets for? i think evo 1,2,3 are the same, then evo 4,5,6 the same, and then 7,8,9 the same.

maxash0775

I myself are looking into EVO 8 and up. Great question about master cyclider, didnt even thin about that. Better go to ebay and price it out.

CutlassJim

Wait if you want to keep it all in the Mitsu family why do you want Brembo calipers and not Mitsu? Are Evo caliper prices still stupid high because they have the Evo name tagged to them? Try CTSV calipers. They are very similar if not the same and they can be had new for the same price of used faded Evo Brembos.

Garfield Wright please keep us updated on Evo8-9 brake caliper brackets/kits. Will pricing be similar to the 3kgt brake brackets/kits?

Nartanian

Quoting 110of2k:
Garfield Wright please keep us updated on Evo8-9 brake caliper brackets/kits. Will pricing be similar to the 3kgt brake brackets/kits?

This. I'm also assuming it won't work with stock 4 lug setup...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It would, but you will have to redrill the rotors to work on a 4-lug (assuming you use Evo rotors).

BrandonEchols

I've got a set of Brembos in my closet right now waiting on paint/PC, and then they'll be going on 477 along with the Bilsteins.
I ordered the brackets from a guy on DSM Tuners who makes them, they fit the 1G/2G. The calipers need to be clearanced on the back a bit (read: material removed with grinder/mill) to clear the bracket, and of course you'll have to use evo rotors, pads, etc.
I have a full set and will be using 3000GT rear trailing arms with them as well. I'll do a full write-up and put it in the how-to section once I get it done later this spring/summer.

The brackets and hardware for the fronts were $150 shipped.
Zinc coated steel so not worried about rusting either. I'll post up pictures when they arrive.

MDK87

Sorry to dig up an old post but I'm trying to figure out how to get Evo7-9 brembos on all four corners of the Galant.

Brandon, how did you go with this? Did you make that write-up?

Did you use the 3kgt trailing arms and hubs?
So if I am performing this conversion at the same time as a 5 stud conversion, all I would need is 3kgt trailing arms + hubs for the rear and 5 lug DSM hubs + adaptor brackets for the front? And of course the Evo brakes. Lol

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts