The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

has anyone used tactrix 2.0

Andy_S

Thats a flash cable for obd2 mitsu cars. Doesn't work with a vr4 unless you graft in an evo ecu. I believe there is info on that in the tech section.

coolclean577

Its for my buddy 99 gsx. It really don't say what it does beside flash . So you know what it does, is it better the ecmlink or data logger?

Brunoboy

I rather use ecmlink, I find it easier to use because it's less confusing. I used to use a tactrix cable to tune my brothers Wrx up until he switched it for a Cobb accessport.

ktmrider

Tactrix 2.0 is for CANBus cars ( can be used on older OBD2 systems tho ). T1.4 or older rev works on most/all non-CANBus and is way less expensive plus still has the data storage capability.

Get T2.0 if you want the flexibility for many newer cars, T1.4 if you want storage, T1.0 for everything else.

I even used a VAG-Com cable on my 05 LGT Scoobie, bought it for $20 online and had free OSE tuning software. Instant ECU access.

coolclean577

How you guys tune it bec it don't got no imfo on hooking it up or tuning it. What does it do? Or how does it work.

moduleunknown

I use ECUFlash w/my 1.3 cable (not for my vr4 of course). Look it up, it's free.

As for logging, there's mitsulogger (also free) or evoscan.

See if you can find a ROM for a '99 2G, load it up in ECU Flash and poke around to get an idea of what it's capable of.

moduleunknown

There's also tons of info on evolutionm.net in regards to ECUFlash. Of course it's all related to the evo ECU, but again, it should give you a good idea of what you might be able to do, or even make you want to try and stuff an evo ECU in the 2g. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ktmrider

Quoting CoolClean577:
How you guys tune it bec it don't got no imfo on hooking it up or tuning it. What does it do? Or how does it work.

All it does is connect an external monitor ( laptop, notebook, smartphone with App, etc ) to the OBD2 ECU, nothing more or less.

You would need specific tuning software for the vehicle ECU, it will not come when purchasing the Tactrix brand cable.

coolclean577

Bec he running 550s And and s16g about 15psi stock intercooler piping got a 1g intercooler and a garrett bov. Don't know what in the motor he just pick it up for a grand. 88k ill take a look at the web site. Thanks for the info

Scientist

Quoting ktmrider:
Tactrix 2.0 is for CANBus cars ( can be used on older OBD2 systems tho ). T1.4 or older rev works on most/all non-CANBus and is way less expensive plus still has the data storage capability.

Get T2.0 if you want the flexibility for many newer cars, T1.4 if you want storage, T1.0 for everything else.

I even used a VAG-Com cable on my 05 LGT Scoobie, bought it for $20 online and had free OSE tuning software. Instant ECU access.

2.0 Cables are not only for canbus...they are also the only cables that work with the H8 ecus found in the late 2Gs, Evo 5-6, 8G VR4s and late 3000GTs. Look up ceddy mods in the evo ecu section of DSM tuners. he has great mods of the ecus including Speed Density

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned