The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mitsubishi's Take On the Dragon 11' National Meet. July 20th-24th, 2011

Mitsubishis Take On the Dragon - MTOD
Its that time to start up the official thread for MTOD '11. The 2nd Annual Mitsubishi's Take On the Dragon Meet is fast approaching. Gameplan for the weekend will surround the trip to the Tail of The Dragon US HWY 129. For those who haven't heard about this road, it is one of the biggest car enthusiast roads in the country. In an 11 mile stretch, this hwy contains 318 turns. Its every car nuts dream.

IMG_1377.jpg

4658921840_13b51ed89e_b.jpg

What better place to meet new friends, see old friends, enjoy the scenery all around and get out and actually enjoy the road.

There will be a thread starting March 7th, 2011 for lodging.

The only thing that is planned for this meet is the Rally over to Tail of the Dragon and spending time over there. The rest of the time can be spent in a infinite amount of ways. There are plenty of things to do in the area like:

Hiking
Horseback Riding
Site Seeing downtown Gatlinburg
Eating Out downtown
Go-karts
Putt-Putt
DollyWood
Driving other roads
Chillen at the Cabin
Sleeping
Fishing

The possibilities are endless.

What: The 2nd annual Mitsubishi's Take On the Dragon National Meet
Where: Gatlinburg, Tennessee (also Tail of the Dragon HWY 129 in Deal's Gap, NC)
When: July 20th-24th, 2011 Who: Any and all Mitsu's and/or Mitsu fanatics
Why: To have a good time!

Links to look at:
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.
Blue Ridge Parkway - Home
Smoky Mountains - Gatlinburg, TN - Gatlinburg, Tennessee - Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce
Pigeon Forge,TN - Official Pigeon Forge Family Vacation Destination Guide
Great Smoky Mountains National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Gatlinburg Cabins, Gatlinburg, TN

We had over 50 people attend the 1st MTOD last year, I am hoping for over 100 this year. MTOD '11 promises to be BIGGER, BETTER, LONGER!!! The faster way to HWY 129 is open this year so no more 3 hour drive to get there. Clingmans Dome is also open this year, so there will be more to do!

Who's Coming:
1) Special_K - Kevin - Club3g
2) blkshdw03 - Tara - Club3g
3) froubaby - Liz - Club3g
4) RedDevl - Vlad - Lands unknown
5) DGJ04RT - 2Gstratus.org
6) Tearstone - Russ - Club3g
7) Mister_Bishi - Club3g
8) db00eclipse - Dave - Club3g
9) Boostjunki84 - Adam - GVR4.org
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Last edited:

JSchleim18

Quoting Boostjunki84:

The possibilities are endless.

What: The 2nd annual Mitsubishi's Take On the Dragon National Meet
Where: Gatlinburg, Tennessee (also Tail of the Dragon HWY 129 in Deal's Gap, NC)
When: July 20th-24th, 2011 Who: Any and all Mitsu's and/or Mitsu fanatics
Why: To have a good time!

Boostdtalon

More than likely I will be in Washington. Hate that I'm gonna miss this again. I'm just gonna have to take a personal trip this summer.

My girlfriend made the pilgrimage last year when we visited her dad. We borrowed her dad's G20 (5spd thank goodness) and made the road trip through Deal's Gap. It was fun, but dangerous, as it was crammed with crazies on crotch rockets, Ferraris with more money than sense on the inside, and giant trucks and slow tourists. The place was a madhouse, but that's part of it's charm. I'm glad I went but actually found the road somewhat underwhelming; perhaps it's just overhyped. I've found much better roads closer to home since then, but I would highly recommend the Chehalis (sp?) Skyway if you're in the area. It's a better drive IMHO as it's far less traveled, can accommodate higher speeds, and is full of turnouts overlooking epic views. It also lasts a lot longer than the Dragon! I would gladly go again with a group, but it would be for that, and not the road.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts