The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

shock ???

overboost

I have a question about the front shock if any diffrent left side and right side
and all the mount can i use the right side mount for the left side .
thank you

misterfixit

Not handed, they fir either side.

Rich

overboost

i install the new shock and h&r spring but on the passager side the wheel lean out more than dirver side
what did i do wrong

SouthCaliVR4

where the struts lower bolts just good ol regular bolts or was one of them smaller with a small hump (camber adjustment type)? And did you index the top spring plate with the lower srut housing, They're offset, though I wouldn't think the latter would cause a camber issue. you'll want to align her anyway as lowering of any amount will affect toe settings & you may need camber bolts or you can spring for the upper camber/caster plates.

overboost

what do you mean index the top spring plate with the lower strut housing ??
i dont get it do you have to line them up some how

SouthCaliVR4

On the stock strut the spring is offset in the front. the top spring plate Has a hole to index it with another hole in the lower spring perch. I use a long 1/4 drive extension for the task.

Terry Posten

Holy cow, what happened to proper grammar usage?

Come on guys, try a little bit. This was painful to read.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts