The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dsm ES front sway bar bushings *pics for your pleasure*

mr.mitsu

Quick question for you guys.

I picked up ES' front sway bar bushing kit for a 1g. I'm about to tighten the brackets and noticed the bushing doesn't sit very nicely. The bottom of the bushing doesn't get full coverage. Is this normal?

Here's a pic:

98b86a1d.jpg

Also, I believe I read a thread stating the 4 bushings and washers go unused. Is that right?

2536e467.jpg

Last edited:

Those four bushings/washers should be able to be used for the rear sway bar endlinks iirc.

BluFalcon

Looks like you've got the job mostly done.

As I remember it, the ES sway bar bushings are a PITA to install. Or it could have been weaksauce on my part. The bushings are a lot less compliant than the original items, so yeah, it's not too much fun. I used a lot of the supplied grease and a longer bolt to get the mount to start. I believe I also used Prybars, Vise Grips and C-Clamps in some manner to get the bracket down far enough to get the longer bolt to start in the threaded hole in the subframe. It's been so long since I did the job, I don't remember exactly what I did to get the bracket down over the new bushing, I just remember a lot of swearing and at least one bashed finger.

Last edited:

mr.mitsu

Starting the bolts weren't the issue lol I got that part.

Before I tighten them all the way down I want to make sure they'll sit ok.

It looks like the bottom of the bushing won't sit flush against the frame.

Can anyone confirm the use of the 4 smaller bushing in the rear?

Thanks guys

123abc

It'll be fine. I just got done doing the whole rear end and also the front control arm and sway bar bushings. Mine was the same way, just tighten it down making sure nothing pinches and you should be golden.

mr.mitsu

^
sweet man, I just didn't want to crank'er down and risk damaging anything.

What did you do with your "little" bushings from the kit?

123abc

Gave them to a friend with a 240SX. I bought new moog endlinks all around and used the energy suspension kit for the rear sway bar.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned