The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just found!!!

AWDnoobie

Nice find. Ive seen them on other cars (evo, nsrt4) to name a couple for racing. I dont see why they would not do what they are made for xcross, time attack, not sure about drag racing tho.

Last edited:

Off topic but why does the car in that picture not look like a Galant in the back? Seems stretched the rear 1/4 window is too long, to me the back of the car looks like an old Mercury sable or something.

BrandonEchols

What I want to know is why they don't list that chassis brace that you see in the photo of the front swaybar, how much is one of those?

Quoting Red_Bird:
Off topic but why does the car in that picture not look like a Galant in the back? Seems stretched the rear 1/4 window is too long, to me the back of the car looks like an old Mercury sable or something.

Because it was a special model of the 6th gen. Only available in/near Japan, and it was basically a mix between a hatchback and a 4 door. Stretched rear/back of the car like a hatchback, but not a 5th door like a hatchback has. The complete taillight section of that car is different as well.
The hatchback gained more and more popularity, and the 4 door lost a lot. When Mitsubishi noticed that, they made a Eterna ZR4(hatchback version of the vr4, exactly thesame, only a hatchback), and a lot of special models like this one.

img.php

Man, i've spend years figuring out wich (special) models of the 6th gen they've made, and with what options they came. A lot of wasted time.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

citymunky

Quoting Pot:
It certainly has been posted but has anyone given a feedback on either of these products before? To include the fender braces and do they really work?

I know GT Spec makes fender braces for the 350Z (I wish they made for G35's), and everybody who has them LOVES them. I don't see why the VR4 would be different.

misterfixit

Quoting galantgti:
Quoting Red_Bird:

Because it was a special model of the 6th gen. Only available in/near Japan, and it was basically a mix between a hatchback and a 4 door. Stretched rear/back of the car like a hatchback, but not a 5th door like a hatchback has. The complete taillight section of that car is different as well.
The hatchback gained more and more popularity, and the 4 door lost a lot. When Mitsubishi noticed that, they made a Eterna ZR4(hatchback version of the vr4, exactly thesame, only a hatchback), and a lot of special models like this one.

img.php

Man, i've spend years figuring out wich (special) models of the 6th gen they've made, and with what options they came. A lot of wasted time.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Its called an eterna sava. and was only available in japan. Yes its true its the saloon version of the hatchback eterna. The roof is 1.5" lower than the normal galant.

Here's mine:

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned