The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991VR4 (?/1000) Desmoines,Iowa *****SOLD*****

jcgalntvr4-244

First off I bought this car about 3 years ago with intentions of parting it out. Since then Some of my ideas for 244/2000 have changed so I dont really want to part the car as its in pretty good shape. It does need new paint as the paint is crap on the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Non sunroof 1991 Galant has about 160k on the body, and 10k at the most on the engine. The paint is rough w/ oxidation.

Parts list:

6-bolt engine, JE pistons on Eagle Rods.
SBR cast manifold
fp2 272 cams
Tial 38mm wastegate recirc.
Full 3" exhaust
GM Maf-T blow through Setup.
Tial Blow off valve
IRC street kit FMIC (Spearco 2-210 core i think, with short route piping).
PTE 50 trim internal wg opening is welded shut due to external.
ND 650cc injectors
Aeromotive FPR
ND Supra pump hardwired
ACT 2100 PP w/ 6-puck disc
Cynergy Segmented Flywheel
H&R Sport springs
KYB GR-2s
5-lug hub conversion. (Stock galants came with a 4-lug setup)
late 90s GSX wheels, the ones that came on the late 2g GSX.
2g GSX/3kgt SL dual piston calipers on front.
EPROM ecu w/ dsmchip for 650s
S-AFC II
new tie rod ends
new altnator
turboxs mbc
2 slim fans
Maft Translater
brand new falken azenis rt615 tires
Also the car no longer has 4WS.
4 Bolt rear
poly motor mounts
new gas tank rubber filler tube
Carpet is removed but have another that comes with the car
Baller orange valve cover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My email is [email protected] or you can PM me here dont be afraid to make an offer you never know I might just take it.

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

Its not in real bad shape as far as rust goes. The underside is just surface rust KC. The car came from STL and it has been stored inside for the last 3 years I would only drive it to charge the battery and keep it lubed up..... If I were going to "keep" the car I would prob have it treated or undercoated being that were in Iowa lol but its never seen snow since I have owned it. It does have the bends in the seam weld where some dumbasses have jacked it up before.... but all in all its in real good shape for a midwest car.
JC

Last edited:

dsmer06

Quoting blacksheep:
This thing runs and drives?
Any rust?

Damn you for even making me think about this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Don't think, just do!

jcgalntvr4-244

Quoting blacksheep:
Any rust?

Damn you for even making me think about this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Its even got that VR4 Smell you like so much...And that comes free with the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blacksheep

Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:
Quoting blacksheep:
Any rust?

Its even got that VR4 Smell you like so much...And that comes free with the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You know my current situation - maybe if you kept it for another year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Taking offers guys need to get rid of this car shootme some pm's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Not sure what happened with the posts here lol but someone needs this car and winter is coming an I need it gone
JC

JB

Would you hesitate to drive this car long distances?

mikus

+1 on running status please - idle, leakages, distance reliability, what psi it's on currently

Terry Posten

I have seen this car and all it needs is a little cosmetic wrenching and the PCV vac hoses re-routed. The BOV is tapped into the same pipe as the PCV and that causes inconsistent vac/boost signals that cause the BOV to open before needed.

That should take about 5 minutes and some scrap vac lines.

jcgalntvr4-244

It needs a new batt. and what Terry said, I drove it from KC MO to DesMoines Iowa with no probs at all. I also have a JDM rear bumper I would throw in with the car fo an extra 400.00
I wouldnt worry about driving this car long distance's but hey it is a galant vr4 we are talking about here.
Here is my cell if anyone wants to talk 1(515)202-4461
Thanks,
JC

jcgalntvr4-244

Sounds good you give me 5000.00 and Ill give you the car and 1500.00 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spott

I know have the wedding guy drive it out to vegas for me.

blacksheep

Too late, he jumps on a plane to vegas at 4:30 pm today.

Mike - send me your contact info if you see this. I will try and touch base with you!

jcgalntvr4-244

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

bump.................... Buy me or I set it on fire and collect the insurance money .............................. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts