The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

safc2 reset

Hello I have galant vr4 all stock accept for the turbo its a 16g running 10psi. Today the check engine light came on and the car started loosing power like running out of gas. At idle it sits at 1200 with a/c off and smells like raw gas from tail pipe ....after I bought it I noticed there was an safc2 hooked up to it,it could just be bad plugs but I don't know what the prev. Owner may have done , qs is if I unplug the safc2 will settings go back to stock .....keep in mind I have no idea if it was ever messed with ..... also a side note when I checked the oil I noticed it was just a little over full ... and. As for. Turbo I turned it down to like 3psi and still acts this way any help would be great thanks....

OMFGeofffff

Make sure the wiring for the SAFC didn't come loose or anything down by your ecu. I'd also make sure your maf is connected well. Simply unplugging the safc won't do anything but make your car run worse because in order for it to be installed the signal wire from the maf to ecu gets cut and the safc links it together.

Since this thing is stock pretty much I just want to make sure the safc is doing nothing since I don't understand any of its language is there a way to just reset the damn thing to 0 so it does nothing

Also if I set back to initalize what else do I have to do to get ecu back to correct settings. If any. Like pull battery ?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned