The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where is the starter relay?

mr.mitsu

I've searched and searched.

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I looked under the dash right above the fuse panel. There's 3 spots for relays. The one one the left is empty, the middle is a cylindrical type relay and the right is the regular rectangular black style. Is that it?

Thanks

mitsuturbo

I could be mistaken, but i believe the black one is for door locks. I think that's where i tapped into for my keyless. It's been a long time, though.

Point is, i think i just narrowed your search. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mitsuturbo

I found this:

On a 1g, this is located under the dash, to the immediate left of the steering column. There are three relays down there – the starter relay is the one in the middle. With KOEO and clutch depressed, battery voltage should be present at the relay.

GVR4 should be the same.

mr.mitsu

Is there no one else on this board that can share some knowledge?

I've search this whole site, talk, Dsm.ca, google etc and nothing!

toybreaker

iconoclast
Is this a JDM car?

Quoting mitsuturbo:
I found this:

On a 1g, this is located under the dash, to the immediate left of the steering column. There are three relays down there – the starter relay is the one in the middle. With KOEO and clutch depressed, battery voltage should be present at the relay.

GVR4 should be the same.

On the usdm market cars, there's four relays on that subpanel.

One cylidrical realy, and three square ones. The two square ones on the right side are both players for the starter. The one on the end is the actual starter relay, the one next to it is the one related to the alarm.

Quoting mr.mitsu:
It must be way up there.

Can anyone post a pic? Pretty please?

Why don;t you post a pic of what you've got, escpeially that sub panel and we'll try and help you from there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mr.mitsu

I completely forgot I had my dsm cd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Found the relay. You have to remove the lower panel under the steering colum (sp?).

There's 3 there, I believe it's the middle as previously stated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts