The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front Motor Mount ???

The front motor mount in my VR4 has the #347 stamped in it. I cant remember for the life of me, but i think
this is the wrong one? It was very very hard to get them to line up and now both front and rear rubbers are shot.
I've seen the answer to this one on here months ago but I have been searching for about 2 hours and cannot find.
seems everyone has the word mount in every post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Gvr4 front mount = ?
1gDSM front mount - ?

thanks, Joe

Jesh

dsm part #347

gvr4 part #344 if i recall correctly...

Last edited:

damn... That explains alot if thats true. I did a direct swap from #1405 into 761/1k
assuming that since everything was installed in 1405 that they where the right mounts.
at some point a PO of 1405 must have swaped the motor and not the mounts.

Any conformation of these numbers from anyone elese before I hit the WTB fourm.

Jesh

i just went out and checked my dsm parts car and my gvr4 and my previous post was correct. #344 is stamped on my gvr4 front motor mount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MellowVR4

yea the bracket on the gvr4 has like a little step on it, and the dsm not its smooth

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Jesh:
dsm part #347

gvr4 part #344 if i recall correctly...

1gs actually have varying parts depending on engine/trans configuration. I have a 346 also from a FWD setup.

mitsuturbo

I just pulled the block from 1411 last night, and the front bracket has 303 stamped on it. I'm not sure where it came from, to be honest. The Tcase sits like it should.. i'd know since i was just under there last night. I do recall that it's kind of a bitch to get all the mount bolts in, but everything does line up ok. It's probably not the right bracket, but it works with no ill effects.

Come to think of it, it might be out of a non turbo gaylant, as i've been running non turbo blocks for quite some time now.

jepherz

Staff member
You can modify the 347 bracket to work. I did that on my Daily because someone had swapped in the wrong bracket and it was impossible to get all 4 mount bolts in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts