The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Check list

Lancer99

Ok Im putting a engine back into a GSX, and I thought about doing a check list because last time I forgot a few things. So heres a list that I came up with. This is based off a stock 4g63t and off of a 1 gen. Please let me know if theres anything else that Im missing.

4G63T
Engine Swap/ Engine Replacement Check List

o Have a spare engine/gear box or rebuilt engine/gear box ready to go in
o All four motor mount bolts in and tightened
o Transfer case/ propeller shaft connected to gear box
o All coolant hoses, power steering hoses, oil lines, brake lines, fuel lines and the clutch lines connected (fluid lines)
o Shifter cables hooked up with cotter pins in place
o Speed cable hooked up to the gear box
o All wiring hooked up
o All vacuum hoses hooked up
o Double check all vacuum hoses and make sure there in the right place and check with a vacuum diagram, unless you have the engine modified a different way.
o Both driver and passenger axles in and nuts tightened with cotter pins in place.
o Make sure jack shaft bolts for the drivers axle are in and tightened (should be two bolts)
o Also if struts, ball joints, brakes (calipers, rotors, pads) and outer tie rod ends were removed, be sure they are also in and tightened
o Install front tires
o Exhaust hooked up
o Intake hoses and filter hooked up
o Added fluids (Motor oil, gear box oil, transfer case oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant)
o Start engine, make sure it starts, runs without problems, check for leaks
o Remember to bleed out brake and clutch fluid to remove air bubbles
o Remember to burp the coolant
o Remember to remove car off jack stands (if lucky then remove car off lift)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts