The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cool jdm galant picks

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I don't have a JDM galant.

fuel

well nothing you haven't seen before but I'll start the ball rolling seeing as no one has posted anything up yet.

91ZERO002.jpg

91ZERO009.jpg

91ZERO016.jpg

91ZERO012.jpg

dsc01461.jpg

1h.jpg

As 'JDM' as they come given it was manufactured in Japan and sold new to the Japanese market. Everything is all factory standard and original, nothing has been swapped on or swapped off. A genuine 'Evolution' model VR-4 with the 16g turbo, 510cc injectors, 4 bolt LSD rear end, close ratio gearbox, Evo hood and front bumper, larger FMIC etc.

Last edited:

Fuel,
That car is very impressive. Beautiful and unmolested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

kitcho

Fuel's car is in better shape than mine!

Still, mine is very similar though I have a few mods done. Nile black, facelift model (16g,510cc, larger IC core, etc). Currently at 106,540kms

Last edited:

GIjoe

Quoting fuel:
well nothing you haven't seen before but I'll start the ball rolling seeing as no one has posted anything up yet.

As 'JDM' as they come given it was manufactured in Japan and sold new to the Japanese market. Everything is all factory standard and original, nothing has been swapped on or swapped off. A genuine 'Evolution' model VR-4 with the 16g turbo, 510cc injectors, 4 bolt LSD rear end, close ratio gearbox, Evo hood and front bumper, larger FMIC etc.

Im in love with your car man! what a beauty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif (looks just like my hasegawa model kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

H05TYL

two for one?

H05TYL91ZERO.jpg

2009_12115stud0008.jpg

2009_0619BlackCar0018.jpg

2009_0619BlackCar0019.jpg

2009_1119TaRRga0015.jpg

fuel

Quoting kitcho:
Fuel's car is in better shape than mine!

Still, mine is very similar though I have a few mods done. Nile black, facelift model (16g,510cc, larger IC core, etc). Currently at 106,540kms

Hey mate if yours has the 16G turbo, 510cc injectors, larger IC and 3.909 diff ratios then yours too is an Evolution model. The normal facelift JDM VR-4 still has 450cc injectors, 3.545 diff ratios and the smaller IC (but not as small as the USDM IC). Yours has the Evolution hood and front bumper too. FYI the colour isn't actually 'Nile black' - that's specific to the USDM models only, yours and mine is simply called 'Carbon' and is a metallic finish.

Yours has super low kms - mine has just cracked 195,000kms.

H05TYL

In the homologation papers the "evolution" model is just referred to as another facelift... I'm unsure if there are 'normal' vr4's built in the same years as evolutions.

fuel

the models from October '89 to October '90 or whenever the first Evolutions were produced would have been facelift non-Evolution models. And then there's the automatic 91/92 models which while facelift wont be an Evolution model.

Last edited:

kitcho

yes my car has all that (no rear lsd though). Sorry, the terminology messes me up sometimes.

fuel

it should have a four bolt viscous LSD, they don't quite behave the same as a plate LSD when you jack the rear end up as the wheels will still spin the opposite direction like an open diff - and plus they get worn out over time too.

What are thouse rear mud flaps on that silver car...never seen thouse before. all thouse jdm bumpers are so damn sexy curse you mitsubishi for giving us usdmers these god damn ugly bumpers lol.
If anyone you who live outside the US want a usdm bumper let me know manby we can trade.....LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

409/2000

GIjoe

Quoting 409GRV4:
What are thouse rear mud flaps on that silver car...never seen thouse before. all thouse jdm bumpers are so damn sexy curse you mitsubishi for giving us usdmers these god damn ugly bumpers lol.
If anyone you who live outside the US want a usdm bumper let me know manby we can trade.....LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

409/2000

dont blame mitsubishi, blame the zero-damage @ 5 miles per hour safety requirement.

misterfixit

here's mine.

the last pic before it was smashed in august last year.

There's some of my silver car and my eterna sava kicking round too.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned