The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

couple probs

Ok, well i was having a clutch put in 1501. Now i have every thing back in and its out of time. how that happend i have no clue it ran when i left it at school. the teacher called and said we started it and let it idle a few secs and it died. so i started my new class and me and my teacher looked at it its out of time he thinks it did not bend the valves but im ready just to replace the motor with a complete stock and ill have a good car after that where can i get a good motor to throw in it.

How far off is the belt timing? Did you remove the tbelt cover or are you basing this off of the harmonic balancer?

Off of the crank pully and the timing marks on cam gears. When i did a compression check the needle didnt even move as we cranked it. How hard is it to get that cover off with engine in the car.

Well the compression test says all you really need to know. No compression is bad. My thoughts WERE that you maybe had a crank pulley (harmonic balancer) that had failed and had spun, giving you a false reading. The cover removal requires that you remove all 3 drive belts, the 4 bolts each that hold on the water pump and crank pulleys, the a/c belt tensioner bracket, and then all of the cover bolts. Also the timing side motor mount. It is very do-able in car.

Diego

I've timed 1309 5 times in car.... each timed fine..... one guy on here gave me a trick when I was having problems, but as long as you have 2 wrenches on the cam gears or zip tie the belt to the cam gears you'll be fine.... as long as when you pull the grenade pin (timing tensioner) it stays timed..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned