The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The new guy

hey guys i just got a 91 vr4 and love it. The car does have some probs like clutch for one is slipping bad under boost. Aslo i noticed two studson manifold broke off. The car has a weird idle it jumps around and blue smoke if i get on it and when its warmed up, But i know that pretty much is the turbo maybe bad. Should i rebuild it or just get one off craigslist. I started school for auto tech last month, and have built hondasmy whole life but getting out of the military and moving to hio, i was dissapointed by all the rice i found he vr4. I have wanted one for ever but i dont wanna do any mods just get it running right and on an extreme budget i think the clutch will have to wait because i need a dd. I have kids and a wife to get around thanks fo any info you can give.

So how do i find a boost leak? I will take a few pics of the bay and see if you guys notice anything as far as turbo what should i remove to check it out? Also would a different B.O.V. help then is it ok to vent to the air instead of back in intake?

trunks

You will need to keep the bov recirculated or your car will idle terribly. The car expects that air so venting to the atmosphere will give you lots of problems. For a boost leak, you'll need to buy/make a boost leak tester to pressurize the system with an air compressor through the turbo intake. You can then listen for leaks or use soapy water to look for bubbles.

Good luck!

91vr4394

get a hardpipe for like ur maf and cap the end with like a plug for plumbing..drill 2 holes in it one for a pressure gauge and one for a valve for u to fill it up..put a coupler on the other end of it and clamp it on to ur turbo then u can fill it up with air to check for leaks

Have you even tried the search function?? Come on man! Try before you pry! You'll get further on this forum if you at least put forth an effort to search for your answers before asking things that's been asked 956 times. Sorry man, but those who try to help themselves get more help. V-faq's your friend. Try using (+what your looking for, or in front of any key words a +)

coolclean577

got a turbo if your looking for one its a 16g. and you can buy a leak tester at an auto shop. it just stream runing thou to see there its leaking to. its a pain bec i had to do it on my 90 gsx,

Diego

Gabe, but remember the 90gsx was a wolf in sheeps clothing and never could believe the vac line was being plugged with gum.... haha...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned