The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My Galant VR4 and AMG Dyno graphs - LOTS OF GRAPHS!!

bazeng

Hey guys,

I got bored after work so dropped by Springy Motors for a play on the DYNO COMPUTER.

Enjoy some different specs of my various 4g builds.

E39A 2.4L (my current setup air to air)
E39A 2.3L (my old setup water to air)
E33A 2.3L (my old setup with stockish head and AMG intake manifold)
STIKLR (you guys know that car)

I've had enough dyno play with my car. Time to not break and start racing.

E33AvsE39A.jpg

E33AvsE39Atractiveeffort.jpg

E33AvsE39Atorque.jpg

bazengpumpfuelC16-tractiveeffort.jpg

bazengpumpfuelC16-boost.jpg

bazengpumpfueltunes.jpg

tractiverear.jpg

bazengpumpfuel-boost.jpg

link

bazengpumpfueltunesrearwheelpower.jpg

bazengpumpfueltunesfrontwheelpower.jpg

tractivefront.jpg

E39AvsSTIKLR.jpg

What I found interesting was the difference with an ELECTRIC BOOST CONTROLLER vs SPRING PRESSURE on the waste gate.

Also, my old GT30 setup has a much better power band than the new GT35 setup BUT that is based on a full tune vs run in tune. If you compare run in vs run in tune, the 2.4L is better.

Also C16 makes a massive difference doesn't it!! I've got a log that did 400kw's but that isn't really fair coz the block cracked on that run!

STI KLR has run high 11's with his setup and wheel spin, hopefully the VR4 can do better once its out there.

The AMG power curve looks promising! It spools up very well and with more boost, it should easily pump out 300kw's at the wheels on about 20psi (fingers crossed).

What do you guys think?

cheekychimp

Great figures Barry but what is the limiting factor between the E33A with the AMG intake manifold compared to the VR4. Both 2.3 litres on a GT30 and pump fuel but over 100KW difference in power?

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Okay!

Any idea what that AMG Cyclone manifold is good for, I'm thinking of using one for a mild street build as I told you. Do you think it would be good for say 280 kilowatts?

bazeng

Easy.

The manifold itself is larger than the AUS SPEC / US SPEC single runner ones.

They have a massive plenum and long runners (twin).

I'll let you know how it goes with 20psi of boost.

cheekychimp

Cool, I will be really interested to hear about that. I don't want to go mad on this build but I have some stuff left over here that I think I could put to good use and with that manifold I think I might be able to put something a bit different together.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned