The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is the purpose / use of your vr4?????

charmcity

Hey guys I have been looking into doing some NASA type track days next year and I am optioning using the vr4. I'm not done with the build yet and it will spend 90% of the time on the street, but want to know how many of yawll actually drag/ road race your car. I do have an FC o could use and I'm leaning that way but another car means more parts and more issues

JSchleim18

I primarily use my car to keep my friend's lift occupied. But once it's not hanging out there it'll be used for a weekend car that is designed more towards road race use. I'm still hoping to tick off 11's (one 11 second timeslip and I'm done down the quarter). Should be fun

NateCrisman

I daily drive my GVR4 and drag race it as much as I can. (I'm likely the most dragstrip oriented/active member of the board). My GVR4 is currently somewhat of a testbed for my DSM dragrace project.

Boostdtalon

I DD mine now that it's alive and kicking once again. I will be attending autox/track days once i feel the car is ready for that type of abuse.

H05TYL

I DD the silver one and the black one sits in my driveway in varying states of disrepair... Club level racecar is where it's heading though.

curtis

Take up space in my shop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

raptorWagon

After I rebuild mine, it probably be back to daily driver status and Autocross and getting into Rallycross.

turbofonz

Daily drive...

My Talon's my "fast" car.

I did set up the VR-4 to do some autocross, which I plan on doing SOON!

Diego

To look good in my driveway,

When running its just my streetcar turned crack baby when someone feels froggy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terry Posten

I use mine to justify the tools I have in the garage.

Oh, and to keep my jackstands company. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

slobra

I'll take mine out on the weekends I'm not working (drag strip or just crusing). Other then that it just sits collecting pollen.

charmcity

Haha yawll got a wide array of uses for them, maybe a time attack style set up which will allow the car to do many things well I guess it won't hurt to
make the car as multiple facited as possible.

Diego

^ could pick up chicks in the Whopper-mobile but instead stays cladded up with all the guys on this thread, kinda makes us all a little homely.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nate

Once, maybe if I'm lucky twice per year, I pull the cover off of the Maroon Car, jump start it, and drive it down to Atco to beat the piss out of it. Then I drive it home, and promptly put the cover back on it and let it go back to sleep. Hasn't been inspected since 06 and I couldn't care less. It serves its purpose.

SleepinGVR4

I DD mine.

Nate you should let me know when you plan to taking the Maroon car out. I know Chris and I would enjoy seeing the Maroon car in action again.

Nate

I don't know that I'd tell anybody when I'm planning on taking that thing to the track - who knows how the thing'll run? It's just as likely to run a new personal best as it is to break something. :)

4thStroke

Quoting turbowop:
I bought my car to pick up chicks...oh wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've heard you say this before. You once asked me, "do you have any idea how much ***** my car has gotten me?!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Mine does a good job keeping me guessing. It's usually always an adventure when I take it out. It's my driver when I'm not in the work truck.

turbowop

I'm sure I was pretty drukn when I asked you that. It actually has though. I think the ladies like the way it vibrates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts