The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

which tie rod ends to buy?

Hey guys,

Saw a few threads that explain how to change a tie rod end which is not hard...but mostly seems to be discussions on whether to use the galant or montero tie rod ends. When you go to rock auto's store, they list 7 different tie rod ends ranging from $5 for the set to $30. That's a huge difference. I will not be racing this car so I just want a decent quality tie rod end that will perform decently. Any suggestions on which one I should get?

Picture1-1.png

broxma

My recent rebuild was using Moog ends and rack boots. Lifetime Gar. Advance Auto has em for the price you have listed.

/brox

speedyvr4

if you can afford the moog ones go for it. I have the $10 raybestos on my car for about 9 months now and I have zero play. I checked it last week. It caught me at a bad time when i was low on funds so I tried em. Im pretty hard on them too. I like curves.lol

H05TYL

Anybody used aftermarket ones like these?

Or know which model of car that they are available for would fit on a gvr4?

ksporttierodends8894240.jpg

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I would go with the Moog or Beck Arnley. Beck Arnley is usually reboxed OEM stuff.

JSchleim18

Quoting H05TYL:
Anybody used aftermarket ones like these?

Or know which model of car that they are available for would fit on a gvr4?

ksporttierodends8894240.jpg

Are you talking about endlinks or are those tie rods?

I have Whiteline spherical endlinks that resemble those.

To the OP, I used Beck Arnley stuff.

I actually have 2 brand new ones but they don't match. One has a re-greasable fitting as in the pic for the Beck Arnley and the other one doesn't. If you don't mind a mis-match, make me an offer.

Thanks for all the replies. Based on the few original poster comments, I ended up ordering up the Moog ones. Trying to get the car up to par without spending an arm and a leg. Like I said it's not going to be a race car but a daily driver that I want to maintain well. Next I have to figure out my front axles...both cv boots are torn...

JSchleim18

Autozone - lifetime warranty and they're $120 for both sides with cores

wowzer

Beck Arnley from rock. pretty cheap and have not let me down or OHB. So they have to be solid because we corner like mad men.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts