The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finished the Boostx bumper lip...

turbowop

Turned out nice. Made back into one piece, smoothed out and painted to match the rest of the car. Total cost: $60. It's nice knowing body shop guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

Looks better than it did white, IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

944bd24eed04678.jpg

944bd24eed34572.jpg

944bd24eed61f70.jpg

944bd24eedcce33.jpg

I also lowered 503 back down into summer mode. No m0ar lift kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/keke.gif But I'm just gonna keep the big tires on there. I like the way it looks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

944bd24eed8b478.jpg

Agree, it looks a lot better in bg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif.

curtis

Looks like mine will be matching color as well.

turbowop

Too bad the sun went behind the clouds in these pics. I didn't realize how hard it was to see the thing until now. Oh well, these will have to do for the time being.

4Grim

Looks sooo good! Can't wait to get mine.

Boostdtalon

Seeing it that way makes me think of the SE lip I had on my Evo. Which I loved because it offset how the car looked stance wise (SE IX front and JDM rear). Good deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Hertz

Staff member
Hey nice lip... ZOMG is that the salt flats car? I didn't know they repainted it gray! QQQ

mistaVR4

Bad ass man! Looks great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cheekychimp

Mark,

That looks so good from the front and you were right about that grille, it looks hot with the emblem in black. My only bad feeling about it is that whilst it looks incredible from the front, from the side it looks a bit strange without the side skirts and rear bumper being the same height. Any ideas on addressing that or am I just being anal again?

2of9

^^Agreed. Front does look more improved in a way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Now it needs a supra side skirt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif jk

Wop,
The color matched paint does make a huge difference. Definitely sets off the front end for sure. I can't help but to agree with cheeky on the sides, and rear. Somebody needs to fab some sides and rear to match the front(boostx).
All and all wop, it looks nice BG. Is that an eterna grille?

Lonewolf64

Quoting cheekychimp:
Mark,

That looks so good from the front and you were right about that grille, it looks hot with the emblem in black. My only bad feeling about it is that whilst it looks incredible from the front, from the side it looks a bit strange without the side skirts and rear bumper being the same height. Any ideas on addressing that or am I just being anal again?

I completely agree, it does look good from the front, but it looks pretty bad from the sides. My preference would be sans lip.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting cheekychimp:
Mark,

You took the words out of my mouth.

turbowop

Like I said in the other thread, some people will dislike the front hanging a little lower than the sides. It is what it is. Perhaps I'm not as anal as some, but it doesn't bother me. I'm not adding any sideskirts to it, so this is the finished product for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

Y'all should go say something about the one-lap team needing sideskirts to match their new splitter as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

BTW, yeah Paul, that's an Eterna grill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Looks great! To score all 10's at the car show, then yeah, maybe some lower side skirts are necessary, but i wouldn't worry about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Boostx lip FTW! With a color matched lip and the side profile shots I can see the lines of the lip better. It looks like it could have some real function to it...maybe downforce but at least helping to channel air through the bumper. Makes an undertray seem like the finishing touch to help it to function better seeing as how a splitter might be a little over the top for some street cars.

On a side note, for some reason the sawblade style wheels have really grown on me. I've wanted a set since i first saw them, but more so now. That set looks clean.

381gvr4

Mark, the car looks the best yet! Love the grill, 93 lights and lip!! It looks F-ing sick/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek5hump.gif

Lots of win right there. My perfectionsit eye struggles for even a spec of blemish to no avail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4Grim

Wow...you have just possibly pushed me over the fence on trying to get a eterna grille. Car is sick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned