The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

aftermarket intake manifold of NA application?

Woosky117

i have recently been looking at some intake manifolds that are for sale, and i have been wanting to get one for my car for a while. i have a dohc NA application, and i dont know if any of the intakes are good for that. now i know that the amg galants were all NA, and they had a bigger intake manifold. does anyone know where i can get an aftermarket intake built for an NA application? and how do i know it would be good for my car? how much hp should i be expecting? does anyone machine a bigger version of the amg, or even just the same as an amg? these are my questions, and i hope that someone will be able to answer them for me. thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

I have two 2nd gen manifolds sitting in the floor that I cut the map sensor mount out of for sheetmetal intakes I built for some local guys. I really need to write code and just cut a run of them be easier on me for sure.

I could finish cutting the plenum off and weld on a larger plenum and port from one end to the other. If you want it gasket matched for a 1st gen head could do that also. Send me a PM if your interested.

Last edited:

broxma

Quoting Andy_S:
How about ITB's?

This is probably the best for an NA application.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned