The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vibration

prove_it

So I've got a vibration from 50-up mph. I thought maybe the wheels, so I balanced them and the vibration is still there. I have all new u-joints in the prop shaft and can't seem to get rid of the vibration.

Anyone got any ideas.

Can be felt in the whole car and it's almost like a large humming sound, kinda. I can push in the clutch and it's still there and it's there in any gear, so I know it's speed related.

Thanks guys

1990ggsxnj

I would check T-Case and Rear if I were you. Is your yolk resealed?

Just paranoid as I know a few people who've had their T-Cases lock up and you said it doesn't help when you put the clutch in.

Last edited:

prove_it

Yea I put a new yoke in the t-case and Fluid levels should be good. I checked them about a month ago, no leaks present. So should be good. I'll check the next time I have a moment.

Struc

Do your wheels have the correct centering on the hubs?

When I put my aftermarket wheels on, they didn't have the 67.1mm center bore, and even though they were balanced, and get somewhat centered by the lug nuts, it wasn't good enough. I got centering rings for them, and the vibration went away. It was something like $11 off Ebay for the centering rings.

prove_it

I have stock rims....

so no don't need rings.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned