The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how to build a fuel line from filter to rail?

turbophein

looking for the fittings/sizes of the fuel filter banjo bolt/adapter. also does anyone know the thread size of the inlet on the AEM fuel rail?

i plan on buying some braided line and the 2or more fittings i will need. shouldn't be all that hard...

Muskrat

I don't know off hand, but try searching google. whenever I need to know a thread size I can usually get it through a few google searches and reading through a bunch of forum threads that come up.

turbophein

ok so i figured out what i needed

fuel filter bolt is a M12 x 1.25
Aem Rail has a -6an inlet

you need:

2-3ft braided line
1 earls fitting #991945erl M12x1.25 male to -6an male $7.95
1 russel fitting #799-624010 -6an female to 3/8" barb $5.95
1 russel fitting #670300 -6an male to 3/8" barb $7.95
1 russel tube end clamps #623260 $5.95

it would look cleaner to use some 90 degree russel fittings but they are $22+ each fitting, they have different colors to choose from (red, chrome, blue, black) and you can also use different compression fitting if you don't want to use a hose clamp on the barb fitting.

Last edited:

^ thats probably your answer but if you call extremepsi they can help you just explain your set up to them and they'll build you a line kit.

TylerAdamson

Call up Ryan at uImport Evolution and he'll get you all set up. He is local to me and has all the fittings necessary to run the line. I would recommend using nylon line over SS, it is far easier to assemble and will hold up just as well considering the application. I just did all of my fuel line and can post pictures of it soon.

turbophein

i am looking for a braided setup just to look good, i have a working line now...

TylerAdamson

The nylon line is a braided line, its just braided nylon as opposed to SS. I can post pictures of mine tomorrow if you'd like.

CarRacer

I used stainless line. It's pretty easy to work with once you find the right method. Earls had a YT video of their guy assembling a hose. The key point was using a sharp chisel to cut the hose instead of a cut of wheel or anything. It pushes the stainless braid into the rubber hose as well, preventing you from getting poked by the wire when assembling.

Edit: found the video. AN hose assembly.

Last edited:

Rausch

Masking tape and a cutoff wheel works really well too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

I built the one I had with a steel -8 and a m12 bolt. Drilled a hole down the middle of the bolt and tig welded on the fitting.

TylerAdamson

Here are a few pictures of my feed line and return line. I'm still waiting on one fitting to finish the return line, it should be here on Monday.

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Parts used:
Feed Line:
EARLS m12x1.25 to -6 male
-6 90* black swivel fitting
-6 45* black swivel fitting
-6 rail adapter
~18'' of nylon braided line

For my application I would have rather used a 120* directly off of the filter, but only had the 90* on hand.

Return Line:
-690* black swivel fitting
-6 Straight black hose end
-6 rail adapter
~12'' of nylon braided line

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned