The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Making progress on 192.

Boostdtalon

Well since the weather has finally improved. I took the opportunity to work on 192. After the issue witht the burnt harness; I bought the front end harness from NateCrisman (Big thanks btw) to replace the one that i suspected of being destroyed. Just taking my time things went pretty smoothly. I also took the time to do a couple of other things I've been needing to do such as swap out the non functional cruise control for the N/A throttle cable,remove a/c condensor and lines, and begin getting everything ready to relocate the battery back to the front of the car.

A little history: the PO before me put a radiator out of a neon in the car to make room for the holset he had in it. Well this radiator was not properly mounted by any means and was actually laying against the radiator support. One of the fans had been rigged to run when the ignition was in the on postion. Mind you nothing i've found so far had been done correctly or safely.

As I pulled the harness from the front of the car where it runs underneath the radiator support I saw this. The culprit behind why I had to replace the entire lighting and wiper assembly on the column and my headlights remained on at all times with the switch unplugged and fuses/relays removed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif.
harness.jpg

As it stands right now I will be replacing the radiator. I have many options open to me and can not decide which way to go. The civic and AFCO radiator setup sounds nice for the space it gives. But I think a stock radiator would be nice too.

wow that sucks about the harness but on the radiator u can use the VW scirocco it works great amd frees up alot of space

Boostdtalon

well the head is at the machine shop awaiting parts.

Thank you Slowboy for making my bank account smaller.

parts list:
Gates timing belt kit
Manley springs and retainers
SI nitrite coated valves
cometic upper gasket kit and MLS headgasket

Boostdtalon

Will do man. my biggest goal right now is to replace my radiator and install the wiring harness. gonna try and install it this weekend.

Boostdtalon

got the new used harness installed. just a few things left to plug in and mount and its finished as far as the harness goes. gotta finish putting the battery terminals back together as well. i'll post some pics tomorrow after i get done working on it.

4orced4door

I had an external dump o2 melt my harness like that. What a pain that was.

Boostdtalon

Well 90% of the parts have made it. Just waiting on the gasket kit right now. Dropped the head parts off at the machine shop. Found it'll be about $30 less than quoted.

Boostdtalon

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

got the radiator installed today. still got a few things to fab up and to put in. but everything is coming along. Had a good amount of wiring to fix since so much it had been hacked up by the PO.

Boostdtalon

well first i need to thank Curtis for all his advice and help! After talking with him since he was the one that made the brackets for the radiator. I moved some parts around and now the radiator sits about two inches forward, giving me even more room in the bay. I got the SPAL fan mounted with some custom brackets(after $60 worth of tools and parts). now to go browse the for sale ads as i'm in need of new positive and negative cables as mine were hacked to sh*t.

IMG_0989.jpg

Barnes

I'm a bit confused at what I'm looking at here.

A) Why is the engine bay side of the radiator covered with a piece of sheet metal? Is that to protect it when you are working in the engine bay?

B) Are the pusher fans as far away from the radiator as I think they are? It looks like they are almost 2" away from the actual radiator. Are you going to put the A/C condenser back in to take up that space?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts