The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 Black Galant VR 4 115k mi Seattle. NEW PRICE $2,500

Low mileage Black 1991 VR4, owned by me since 1994. mileage: 115,660. The car is all stock, except for installation of higher end Sony in dash cassette stereo with 10 disc CD changer in trunk, 4 volt pre-out. Includes that and remote control for it. I have the original radio/cassette as well. Also comes with 4 studded snow tires on rims and custom roof rack rails which fit under roof moldings, 2 sets of moldings (one with rack on, one without. Tires are nearly new. Wheels are stock silver/polished aluminum. Seats and interior in excellent condition. Paint good for 1991 car. AC works. New ECU less than 5,000 miles ago. New battery. Car has run with turbo timer since I have owned (at about 32k miles), preserving turbo life which remains strong. Engine is very strong and the car works well. Interior in great condition, no tears in seats or headliner.

Car needs new radiator and rear brakes and rotors. Motor for the antenna is broken - antenna remains in up position and radio works fine. Cruise control does not work. Needs fog light bulbs.

I purchased the car in 1994 and it has never had the production number badge.

As far as I am aware, everything else is in good working condition. This has been a second car for me for many years, thus the low mileage, used mostly for skiing, errands and trips when I needed more room. Excellent four wheel drive car for the mountains. It has been a really fun, great car for me and I would like to find an owner who would appreciate this car.

I am unlikely to be interested in trades as I already have 3 cars and only a 2 car garage....

Last edited by a moderator:

TF2

OMG! here goes another Great VR4 thats at a good price and LOW miles(WTF) SOOOOO Far away from Maryland /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif WHy...o...WHy do the VR4 Gods Hate me? I would have bought this car the first time you posted it...but problem is that you are sooooooooooo Far away....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif O well good luck with sale!

Is this one of the 3 cars that was not badged or did someone remove it from the dash?

Whoodoo

looks unbadged to me... there's no dark ovally spot where the badge would keep the dash from discoloring

I am not sure, but there is no indication on the dash that it was ever badged - no spot, outline, holes, etc. Is anyone aware of a VIN listing that would tell me if it was unbadged? I was unaware that there were 3 unbadged ones. What does that mean, if anything, about this car?

raptorWagon

Quoting MitsuMo:
I am not sure, but there is no indication on the dash that it was ever badged - no spot, outline, holes, etc. Is anyone aware of a VIN listing that would tell me if it was unbadged? I was unaware that there were 3 unbadged ones. What does that mean, if anything, about this car?

Well since you have owned this since 96' it probably hasn't been in iceman's registry on here and that would probably the only way to know. I would say more than likely it is a prebadged car. The VIN itself doesn't related to the badge numbers, all those were picked out of random. When is the birthday of the car (factory build date, located in door jam)? Could possibly been a early enough 90' build date before the badging started.

Yeah what mclovinreed said, probably a prebadged car. I don't recall how many of those there were, three or four only.

It would be great if you could find the time to send the vin number to iceman (or post it in this thread) so we can add this car to the registry as it looks like it has plenty of life left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice neighborhood, good luck with the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Her birthdate is August 1990. She has plenty of life left, runs real strong. I am tempted to keep her just for fun; just have a surplus of cars and not enough time to drive them all.... I will get the VIN to Iceman for his log. Maybe she is a prebadged car.....

KGVR4

PM sent, is there a number I can reach you at?

14u2nV

FWIW, I removed the badge and the goo from my 92, and you would never know there was something there. That is not a good indicator of it not having one. Betcha someone took it long ago.

Correction. I have owned the car since 1994. No rips or tears anywhere in the interior. Leather seats are near perfect as is the head liner. I will post additional pictures soon.

im very interested call my cell plz 510 230 9097 ill pay top dollar if we make a deal!

jnava

Staff member
Steve, call me at 817-657-9786

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts