The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

From Chicago and just picked up 1929/2000

onesickcrx

Congrats and good luck post some pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarRacer

Isn't that the one Myles use to own?

Edit: Checked his sig, yup that's his old car.

Sweet. Welcome to the board. Please send your badge number in a PM to iceman69510 so he can update the registry.

Last edited:

Polish

Welcome, I have ridden in that car when Myles owned it. It used to be very nice.

Myles

Welcome and good luck. If you've got any questions about the car I'll do my best to answer them, but I can only give you info on the car from when I owned it and can give you a little info on the guy I sold it to. What kind of condition is the car in now? Does it still have the grinding rumble noise during decel? I've got a new lobro joint which should fix the problem. Let me know if you're interested.

OZRally

Thanks for the welcome guys. Pics hopefully soon, I've just been very busy.

Myles - The car is in decent condition but needs some leaks fixed. I have some questions tho. Is the BOV supposed to be recirculated or is it tuned to stay vta? Would the rumble during decel be from the throw out bearing or is it part of the driveshaft? And was the power steering working when you had the car? Previous owner said one of the main lines broke but it should work fine.
Thanks

OZRally

Oh and Myles one more thing. You know the grounding cables on the spark plug wires? How do they bolt up, is the ground supposed to be to the bolt next to it? Kind of confusing since I've never seen that before.

Myles

The BOV is supposed to be resirc'd(if the car still has a 3Gmas and the intake with the resirc tube). When I had the car the rear power steering lines went out, so I cut the belt off. I spoke with the guy who sold it to you. He said he tried to patch the rears but then the front lines went? My plan was to try and find a steering rack out of a 1G and get rid of the rear lines. Now that the front lines are leaking I'd say searching for a non power steering rack and ditching the PS all together is your best bet.

The guy who sold it to you also told me he thought the decel rumble was from the the Throwout bearing. I don't know if I agree with that. When I owned the car I would get some chatter at idle with the clutch in. I thought that was the TO bearing. The decel rumble I've always thought was the Driveshaft not being shimmed correctly. There's a thread about that somewhere here. And a bad Lobro Joint on the DS.

As far as the wires and grounding goes, I don't think there's a particular way to set up the grounds. Check their website(Hotwires) to be certain, but I thought I just set them up so they looked clean and not all bunched up.

Last edited:

OZRally

Yea I thought it was the Lobro joint or bearing on the driveshaft too. I'm going to have to look into that a little better. I have all the spark wires hooked up correctly and am getting new exhaust mani studs since 2 are broken and it idles like crap. Today I hooked up a recirc pipe for the bov and it runs much better. I know I'll have a lot more questions for you later. lol
Thanks for your help man.

stevep

Quoting Myles:
I've got a new lobro joint which should fix the problem. Let me know if you're interested.

What do you want to the new lobro joint? It's really new and not just new for that car?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned