The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The EVO/Aftermarket seat bracket suspense date of April 5th

curtis

Hopefully ver 2.0 is without problems like Vinny's ver 1.0

SEE HERE THEN COME BACK AND READ

Ok your back. The day I posted Vinny's pictures I got a few PM's and post of people wanting these today after Garfield posted that Curtisco industries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif builds these I have a few more so this I guess is official I'm going to do a run but how many is a run. 5 12 30 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
So as it stands yes I'll do a run but If I can get some definite yes's, not if my moneyz right at the time, excuses excuses group buy like as happened here before. But yes I want a set and yes I will pay the price when there done. Now with that said as for price right now I don't know I have to figure out how long it takes per set and what all materials are involved etc. Having more wanting them will help with the price because the more materials the better the deal I get from the metal supplier. Its not a big corporation I deal with but some good old boys and good old boys don't like 2 ft of this and 4 feet of that going on, isn't worth there time I guess.

Now what I'm thinking the rear will be almost like Vinny's one straight stick of steel with a bracket for the odd placed factory seat mount on the car and spaced so the level side to side is correct. Then one tab for the one rail and one hole for the other. We did this because that's the way the front brackets we used left us but I'm planning on front adjustable brackets as well so the one tab maybe left out and the straight piece in the back will have two slots cut so the installer (you) can adjust side to side to perfect the install that with the way the fronts will be designed will make this almost infinite in positioning. Keep reading

As for the fronts we used the side pieces from the evo. I'm sure some of you will buy seats with these brackets missing plus I can build nicer ones anyway. What I'm thinking of is in the front have 4 pieces of aluminum angle. The bottom one will mount to the floor and have a slot cut from side to side. Then the top will have a slot front to rear for bolting to the seat then the sides will have opposite slots cut in them so the installer (you) can adjust angle to suit your comfort zone/ leg support. Aftermarket seats should fit like a glove hold you in place and make you an extension of the car. The old CRX recaros in my car were originally recovered and in my Mustang. I pulled them when I sold it to my neighbor and when he bitched I said oh well, they have been tweaked pulled on and formed to fit me. Nothing I hate more than driving a so called pred car that the seats are crooked yawed out or not centered on the wheel. Hell I've sat in factory cars before and the wheel not centered and the first thing I think of is if they didn't get that part right what else did the engineers scrimp on. Angles will probably be 3/16 aluminum with the corners gusseted and the rear will be steel tubing. I would like to do all the brackets out of aluminum and mill out slots or lightining holes in them for that oh yea baby race car look but to be safe there going to be steel. That whole F=MxA comes to mind and I don't want to hear someone ate a windshield in a crash because the mounts ripped out. After you get the angle position correct you can always drill an extra hole and install a few 8mm bolts and nuts to lock everything together. I may even just leave one of the sides open and let you guys do that part. If there only 3 or 4 inches total in length not a lot of room for a bunch of wildly placed bolts. If I mill two perfectly spaced holes you guys can always drill two holes and install the hardware. Probably end up cleaner that way.

Now we learned with Vinny's that the little front mounts put the seat centerline with the wheel and also gave room on the outside of the car to adjust the seat recline position. Why in hell did the mitsu designeers let crank up recliners make it to production. I guess they are safer because the notches in a pull lever style can strip out, I just hate them so much. Anyway.

If your wanting a set of these post away. I'm going to go into my PM's and get names out as well if they don't show up on the list. Don't want to leave anyone out. As for when. Its almost Christmas, peoples money is tight I for one know the deal, I work for me and know this all to well. But should be able to work in a prototype with other stuff I have going on and finishing stuff I need to get completed. Then I'll know better on a price and what it will cost to ship and will also know if the prototype is a perfect fit. So I don't go and build a bunch that all need modifications to fit. As for why I like doing these little group buys. makes it cheaper on the consumer and also easier and more worth the effort on my end. The JDM bumper brackets I build take a few hours each to do if I do one set but If I get a stick of aluminum and cut 10 or 20 it takes all day plus the extra for each cut and then cleaning up aluminum chips everywhere from the table saw and mill. But is just easier to do because I do one step 20 times then move one. Some parts you can't do this but stuff like this is what mass production is meant for. Plus I don't like doing non VR4 stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I had a few sentences about me not ever bringing myself to building honda / ricer stuff no matter how much money was involved but removed them because I didn't want to offend anyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So if you want a set put your name on the list. As I get time in the next few weeks I'll do a prototype and update with a price and some pictures. I'll post the list in the next post just add to it at the bottom, no line jumping Mark we're watching you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, it doesn't matter anyway I'll build and ship with in a few days of each other. Thanks Curtis

Last edited:

curtis

The list of people wanting these/sent PM's.

1) ls2gto............... Stefan seems like you sent a email with the brake stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
2) 4DSC................. Nick
3) Garfield Wright...... ditto
4) Jesse W.............. Jesse
5) Dusty Duff........... Mike
6) 4th Stroke............Spencer

If I left you off it wasn't on purpose I get a lot of PM's and emails and half the time its HI, Hey, whats up. Hard to find things with titles like that.

If I had to guess this kit will probably be in the neighborhood of $80 to $100 bucks just dependent on aluminum prices. They'll be welding and a lot of slots and stuff on the mill to cut. Thanks again

Last edited:

dustyduff

I'm already on the list but with a ROM of $80 - $100 I'm a definite. Obviously the more people the cheaper the price. Thanks for making this happen Curtis.

Quoting curtis:
The list of people wanting these/sent PM's.

0) Me (FIXED)
1) ls2gto............... Stefan seems like you sent a email with the brake stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

This is great news. I've had my seats taking up room in the garage for far too long & it's time to get them off the floor & in the car. If anyone needs Evo seats, I can get them. I will make sure the factory brackets are included /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

7) dmj...................Dexter
8) ejc...................Edgardo

Last edited:

stealthtt24

I am for sure in!!!! You can see my build thread in the lounge somewhere or I can link it but I have a set and want these!!!!! Oh I only need the front seats cause I already installed the rears...

1) ls2gto............... Stefan
7) dmj...................Dexter
8) ejc...................Edgardo
9) stealthtt24.......... Mark

Last edited:

Nijasan

I want in on this as well!

6) 4th Stroke........... Spencer
7) dmj.................. Dexter
8) ejc.................. Edgardo
10) nijasan............. Nathan

Street Surgeon

Put me down for a set as well, I'm always in need of things that I'll never use! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

curtis

11) Street Surgeon ..... Cory

moduleunknown

I would love a set! These brackets look much nicer than... well, the other way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm adding my name to this list and watching for updates. I'm ready any time!

12) moduleunknown....... Dave

curtis

Well everything I have left on ebay ends tonight so hoping Thursday or Friday I can get to the metal supplier and pick up materials so I have it. Daughter is out of school Friday half day so productivity will slow down but maybe in the next 2 weeks I can get these knocked out. Thanks Guys

streetmasters

I'm in if they work for the evo 9 MR seats- Lemme know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13)streetmasters........ JZ - haha thanks GW

Last edited:

Quote:
I'm in if they work for the evo 9 MR seats- Lemme know

12)streetmasters........ JZ
Quote:

Looks like someone is having a counting issue Mr. Masters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

curtis

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Went to the metal supplier

Well went this morning while waiting for school to get out early for the holidays. They were zero balance on angle aluminum the size I need and also on steel thin wall but they did have 1/8 inch 1 x 1 aluminum. Still wrapped in plastic and had an inch of dust on it. The girl at the counter said they had to sell it for what they paid for it, I was thinking great here it comes.....she searched and searched and the owner came in and they ended up giving me at last decades prices I guess its been there forever and since I'm buying the pack Got it cheaper than it should have been but more than the steel but figured If I was going to do.... go big baller. So I'll eat the difference in the price. I'm calling her Monday AM and giving her the measurements on the angle I need and picking it all up Wednesday when they deliver it out of Birmingham. I wasn't exactly sure on the angle size need to call Vinny double check some stuff on his with the seats forward and back with the height he has. I didn't measure the front pad so I don't want the short guys to have there legs flat when back or have the tall guys knees up in the steering wheel either.

I'm going to order enough material for 20 sets were at 13 now and never fails I always get others after they see there made and figured I could have a few extra on hand for later on when more evo seats show up. They have enough 1 x 1 alum now for 40 sets, If I buy it now the rails will be at the same price later but If I don't the materials will be about 3 times as much so IF your planning on EVO recaros, sparcos, bride, ebay specials etc these the way I will build them will work and only this cheap now.

As for perfect set price want know until I get the stuff and the price on the angle as well as machining /welding time but should be real close to my estimate above and shipping will be cheaper because these are aluminum and not 15+ pounds of steel. I'll Update next week.

Thanks Curtis

thecman02

13)streetmasters........ JZ
14)thecman02.............Chris

I don't have money for the seats right this instance but it doesn't make sense to miss out on getting the rails right now. Especially since you do top notch work.

dustyduff

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Thanks again Curtis. I'll keep an eye out for when you're accepting payments.

4thStroke

streetmasters, the Evo 9 MR seats will work.

For the record, we compared the Evo 9 MR seat right next to the Evo 8 seat. They are the same seats, the only difference is the upholstery. They feel the same when you sit, they swap from one rig to the next, and so forth.

streetmasters

awesome! thanks for the update- Im in 100% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

Sent a PM to Vinny just waiting on a reply. Just wanting to verify some dim's before I put all the aluminum on order. They told me with it being Christmas week I need to get the order in tomorrow to see it delivered Wednesday. If not its going to be on hold till after the holidays.

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

Just to clarify... I need a set of these for both the driver and passenger sides. Thanks again these are gonna be sweet, even more so when/if I ever get around to using them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts